Chris NottBadger5
    Neutral

Status

PCV mod help please!

Hi all been reading up on any posts i can find about this, and have found the link to a part that has been made for this purpose.
    my question is this is not how jonny c did his and i see a few others have this listed as a mod on there posts, can anyone tell me what's required to do it jonny c's way and are there any ill effect's caused by it.
    Thanks Keith

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    WTF? Sorry i cant be of any help just a little intregued as to wht this mod is?
    2009- Phantom Black A3 S Line Black Edt 2.0T
    2008 - 2009 Emocian red Seat Ibiza FR TDi running p-torque stage 1 (STOLEN)
    2005 - 2008 Black Magic 1.4 Seat Ibiza Sport (PX ed)

5th Gear

Status
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

1st Gear

Status
    Whats the part nr for the stop end you put at the forge hose?
    Cant find it at forge site
    Audi RS3 2012, Black, Black optik, Recaro, Satnav

4th Gear

Status
    http://www.baileymotorsport.co.uk/

is where l was pointed to.

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Here ya go mate!

FMS25-19 - 25-19mm Straight Silicone Hose
    2x FMHC2230 - 22 - 30mm Stainless Hose Clamp
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...oduct=FMTB052K (You need the 25mm option)

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast,not furious View Post
    Here ya go mate!

FMS25-19 - 25-19mm Straight Silicone Hose
    2x FMHC2230 - 22 - 30mm Stainless Hose Clamp
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...oduct=FMTB052K (You need the 25mm option)
    Im not sure if its just me but that link dont seem to work.

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    mmm,it worked when i posted it!

Ok,i found the part on Forge,try this link now:
    Hhttp://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=&product=FMTB052K

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

1st Gear

Status
    Thank you for the link
    Audi RS3 2012, Black, Black optik, Recaro, Satnav

Neutral

Status
    Brillant thankyou,
    now the all important question for fast not furious,
    as some one other than jonny c, have you ever noticed any difference with this carried out?
    and thanks again
    Keith

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_S3 View Post
    Brillant thankyou,
    now the all important question for fast not furious,
    as some one other than jonny c, have you ever noticed any difference with this carried out?
    and thanks again
    Keith

Erm - no. I still think it's a worthwhile mod though,especially for the minimal outlaw,and safety factor:

"The PCV opens and vents oil vapour into the the inlet manifold where it's then burnt off in the engine. This is done to control emissions. Used engine oil going back into the engine ain't a good thing.

If the PCV fails the result can be increased pressure in the manifold resulting the engine oil cap being blown off by the pressure. With this modification all boost is kept in the inlet manifold and fed back into the system rather than the PCV venting boost which can be anything up to 4psi.

This isn't really approved of as technically you are venting oil vapour into the atmosphere and therefore flouting emissions laws but it's such a tiny amount that yo won't ever be able to tell the difference"

Neutral

Status
    Thank's the reason im looking into this is that like jonny c said somewhere, sometimes i feel the car is not as responsive as others just at random times it will feel much quicker than others!