Cruise control and DIS

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Having been away for a few days to Yorkshire, I used the cruise control on my new 2009 Sportback yesterday for the first time. I was going through some roadworks on the A1 with a 50mph speed limit and the usual Average Speed Cameras so I set my cruise control to 50. I was surprised to see a symbol and my set speed come up on the DIS where the outside temperature is normally displayed. The temperature was moved up above the top line and shown in smaller lettering. This was as well as the small symbol in the speedo.

What's more this display of the cruise symbol and the set speed stayed on the DIS even though the cruise was no longer set as I had to use the brakes. Only when I moved the cruise control stork away from the steering wheel did it change back to the temperature.

This is different to my previous A3 and quite good I thought because it does immediately tell you what your cruise control setting is, should you need it again.

Its ****** clevor, this is the first car ive had with cruise and the amount i use it i wouldnt be without it now.

Have you noticed that you can increase or decrease the speed in five mph increments if you hold the stick in the up/down position for a couple of seconds....handy as well.

Have you noticed that you can increase or decrease the speed in five mph increments if you hold the stick in the up/down position for a couple of seconds....handy as well.

Yes and if you just click it up and don't hold it there it will increase by 1mph at a time. I used that function quite often on my previous A3 to get the setting to exactly what I wanted.

Also like the way if it's raining - front wipers on - and reverse is selected the rear wiper clears the screen automatically :o.k: a nice touch.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure cruise control is done in km not mph.

i couldn't live without cruise control ether, going through average speed cameras is alot safer because you can look at the road and not worry about going over the speed limit.

I find it a bit strange when you set speed to 60-70MPH and go up the gears and it takes a moment to kick back in with the throttle.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure cruise control is done in km not mph.

I correct you ;)

Unless yours is an Irish or Euro version that is.

fair enough. lol why is it then that when i set it to 60 and click the control 10 times up it never goes to 70??
Your going to say it is my wheel size but it was doing it before i put them on. :)

Not sure for that one buddy - will check this again next time I'm out but 99% certain that doesn't happen on mine. Anyone else noticed that?