NEW AUDI A3

I

imported_ANNANBHOY

Hi,

Ive just joined up today and was wondering if someone could please help me. I recently got a new A3 Special Edition but I am looking to change the wheels on it. Could someone please tell what they think would be the best and what size. Im also pretty unsure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif about the fitment of them.

Thanks

Roddy

I assume by a NEW A3 you mean the new shape A3. If so be careful when looking at wheels. The wheels for the new A3 and the new Golf a different fitting to the previous A3 and Golf.

Dave R

Ottinger, ABT, and a few other companys do wheels for them

ive got the 19" RS6 wheels on my A3 and it rides well

but i rekon with the right tyre size and that you could easy fit 20" on!

The New A3 has a 5*112 stud pattern, ET 45 (offset).

The stud pattern is the same as the A4,A6,A8 etc but the offset is different.

Unless I'm mistaken running ET 35 offset is the same as running 10mm spacers on ET 45. If that is right then any wheels with ET 35 up to ET 45 will be ok as long as they are not too wide i.e. A4,A6,A8 wheels.

Annanboy, richy will say 20", but I'd say those are too big. Especially with the normal ride height, which Special Edition does have. And, 19" will also lower the ride quality. Personally I was planning to use 18", since roads aren't soft here + lower the car (a bit).

- Yak

richy, I'll need new ears in that case /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I was considering making somekind of added soundproof around tyres, but I haven't seen anyone actually doing it yet.

Somekind of sprays don't really help, but perhaps adding some "silencer carpet" around rearwheels would help. Does anyone have pictures, what's behind interiour in the trunk?

- Yak

My first post!

Do you have any picturs on your car? I have bought Tooras 19" RS6 with et45 and H&R -35mm and would be very happy if anyone hade a picture of this (I can´t wait for the delivery) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Thanks! By the way! The red car, is´t food for the A3?