Springs or coilovers?

phille87

Reaction score
Springs or coilovers??

Daily driver, fast driving and kind of racing can occur..

What should I go for?

Are coils really worth the money?

I think springs are fine if you just want to drop the car and have decent handling... etc ..You could add roll bars for track style handling if that's what you after . As for coils if you want that totally on the deck or tires in the arches look and are adjustable to suit your look go for coils but they are expensive for a decent set where as springs and arbs probably better for track racing etc for cheaper i think coils are mostly for lower settings and looks imho because performance wise you can achieve the same if not better with springs and arbs....
I would get coils though if i had the money ,not if it the same drop as boydies height because springs arnt far off on the 50 mm drops but if i was putting my tires up the arches it would be coils and i do like that look , i just got springs because i couldn't stand it on sline springs and may get a set of coils in the future for the slammed look but if i start getting tooth fillings because of them id sell em quick .....

coiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoiloverscoilovers

Coilovers transform the whole feel of the car. The handling is improved 10 fold. Height adjustable and dampening adjustable just give you the option of having the car feeling and looking however you want.

You won't regret it. Buy some KW V2s, you won't regret it. Well worth the money, best mod I've done.

I agree with you on levels, I havent experienced coils myself soo cant agree with you completely.....yet but take your word for it.
I think when you look at some of the slickest motors they are sitting on coils regardless of rim size.
Im thinking VMaxx coils for the cost, you reckon these will be alrite? Dont wanna get mugged off.

I agree with you on levels, I havent experienced coils myself soo cant agree with you completely.....yet but take your word for it.
I think when you look at some of the slickest motors they are sitting on coils regardless of rim size.
Im thinking VMaxx coils for the cost, you reckon these will be alrite? Dont wanna get mugged off.

It's a shame for someone like myself who won't really be doing track days, and has spent £1000s on body kits, paint etc. Just wants his car lowered,

see the coilovers sound like the handling increase is well worth it, but is it worth the money unless your thrashing the car?

How much are you paying? You generally pay for what you get my man. Mine were £850+install, worth everypenny.

where did you find kw v2 for £850?

GUYS! I might buy some KW v3 second hand ones!

WHat do you think?? What are they worth they have been used for 3000km's?

Damian at DPM will do they at that price, mine were from TT Shop. Cuz they matched damian. LOL.
hmmn can he now?
im starting to get annoyed with my h&r springs on stock shocks being to harsh for the roads around here, im thinking its the dampers struggling to cope. so im thinking either koni fsd dampers with my h&r springs or k&w coilovers. only trouble is i get married this month so whichever way is gonna have to wait.:sob:

theres a guy on here called v6pete he has v max on his he seems to like them ..maybe pm him

I personally think a good matched springs and shocks kit with uprated ARBs are perfect for everyday road use.

Damian @ DPM

If you're going to tarck it though then coilovers are the best option.

Damian @ DPM

I agree with Damian Good springs and ARB's will do for fast road, Coilovers are good if you want to adjust for track..

The quality of the V-Maxx is really good, we've sold a lot of kits since we started selling them just last year.

Damian @ DPM

Its so hard to make a decision here, so many ppl says its crap and leaking and whatever, and there's also ppl saying theyre awesome and perfect etc etc..