Mine A3 Ya!

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Since my account was mysteriously deleted and now revived, I can no longer find my original A3 thread so thought I would resurrect a number of old pics to show you its progression over the past 2.5 years - and the main thing, I'm still loving it!

When I took ownership of the A3 from my Father - 2004 2.0TDI Sport

17395979a3945147761b922083692l.jpg

Its first show - was asked to use my car as a demo car for Audio Advice's Open Day at their new shop!

17395979a5413213888l.jpg

17395979a5413214051l.jpg

17395979a5413214002l.jpg

Votex kit added
BBS CH 19" et50 235/35/19
FK Silverline Coilovers
German Plates
Becker Grand Prix Headunit
Diamond and Genesis Sound System

Shortly after the show, I took ownership of Fishscale Trim to replace the Piano trim and also got the lower doorcard insers trimmed in alacantara along with the Focal Audio logo, coloured Blue to match the interior! Also, got the backs of the seats retrimmed in alacantara and audi logo!

17395979a5420163380l.jpg

17395979a5420163776l.jpg

17395979a5420164260l.jpg

The armrest was one of my first mods - best ever!!

dsc09655zy0.jpg

After seeing MarcQuinlivans new Bose illuminated speaker grills, it gave me an idea!

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

DSC00297.jpg

The car stayed relatively the same for a long time then added the S-line rear bumper! MY09 rear lights were purchased as well and a bit of debadging! Miltek cat back exhaust fitted too

IMG_4716.jpg

The BBS wheel bolts were covered by OEM Audi parts which make the rims look much nicer than they already are!

IMG_4718.jpg

R8 Oil Cap fitted

DSC00466.jpg

Front grill chrome and rings were vinyled and sprayed satin black. Lamin-x was added to the lights and fogs! Makes the car look much more agressive!

I also bought a cherished registration which will be mine forever!!

DSC00564.jpg

Thanks to NHN for suppling and helping via phone and internet to fit my FBMFSW and air vents

DSC00563.jpg

De-wipered at the back and "shocker" bung fitted - gone off the bung now so have a new one arriving next week hopefully!

DSC00443.jpg

I was asked to put my car into a national modified motors magazine so here are a couple from the shoot

2941272703_25dafc8c81_o.jpg

2942128540_da00063646_o.jpg

Photo collage from shoot

boydie_audi_a3.jpg

Extremely bored one day while recovering from shoulder surgery so sprayed my rings and pressed plates - returned to black now though so dont worry lol dont for a laugh!

DSC00062.jpg

Detailed very recently while I was off!

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

DSC00107.jpg

DSC00109.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

And then I got this this morning - again, for a laugh. Some of you may be familiar with Pedo Bear :p haha

DSC00121.jpg

Thats about it guys - hope you like and if you have any questions regarding mods, please do not hesitate to ask me! We are all here to help each other on this site!

Thanks

Love it buddy, cant say there's one thing on the car that id change....maybe the front bumper to s-line or s3 but thats it...

Nice progress, thumbs up from me

Still looking great mate! Glad you're loving it still, that's the important thing.

Very tasteful mods, love it all, I was gonna say you should tint the rear windows but when I think about it, you better not cause its rly suits the color!

another thing boydie, how much are you lowered atm?

very nice mate i like your car ....love the speakers and the mods

Very tasteful mods, love it all, I was gonna say you should tint the rear windows but when I think about it, you better not cause its rly suits the color!

another thing boydie, how much are you lowered atm?

Thanks for the comment guys, really appreciate it! I was in a sling for 5 weeks and didnt drive so getting back into it after that time, its awesome!

The car is lowered around 40-45mm on coilovers!

Still one of the best on here - a lot of effort and very OEM - gets the thumbs up from me :icon_thumright:

I love the subtle mods you've done. A few thing if you wouldn't mind helping me out, i'm new to Audis and like to do the odd subtle change to suite my liking.

Firstly, the lower part of the front bumber (the strip below the gof lights). Can this part be added to mine? Currently mine is like the one in Eddies sig (i think) but i really like the look of the extra strip that a few A3s have.

Secondly the rear lights you have, where can these be bought from? Again currently mine are like Eddies (where the clear reverse light sweeps round to the side of the car)

Thirdly, i'm looking for the whiter, sharper lights (Xenon i think) but if possible with the LED's in too, can these be swapped for mine, ive looked at loads of piccies and the shape looks exactly the same, but not seen many people do it.

And finally, with the Bose sound system, does the car come fitted with a Bose Sub anywhere? and if so where is it located in the car.

Thanks for your time in replying.

Just017

I love the subtle mods you've done. A few thing if you wouldn't mind helping me out, i'm new to Audis and like to do the odd subtle change to suite my liking.

Firstly, the lower part of the front bumber (the strip below the gof lights). Can this part be added to mine? Currently mine is like the one in Eddies sig (i think) but i really like the look of the extra strip that a few A3s have.

Secondly the rear lights you have, where can these be bought from? Again currently mine are like Eddies (where the clear reverse light sweeps round to the side of the car)

Thirdly, i'm looking for the whiter, sharper lights (Xenon i think) but if possible with the LED's in too, can these be swapped for mine, ive looked at loads of piccies and the shape looks exactly the same, but not seen many people do it.

And finally, with the Bose sound system, does the car come fitted with a Bose Sub anywhere? and if so where is it located in the car.

Thanks for your time in replying.

Just017

1) Yes. if yours is a double grill - I have the kit for sale (front back and sides)
2) Audi -they're facelift Audi lights from the latest 3dr model
3) You can change the bulbs (osram nightbreakers seem to be one of the best and i have them and rate them) and as for sidelights, to get leds, you will posibley need to add a resistor for the car to make them work. The facelit (09) lights wont fit on your A3 -you need to change the front end.
4) Bose sub in teh boot on the right panel behind the carpet.

Boydie - car looks awesome mate :D

1) Yes. if yours is a double grill - I have the kit for sale (front back and sides)
2) Audi -they're facelift Audi lights from the latest 3dr model
3) You can change the bulbs (osram nightbreakers seem to be one of the best and i have them and rate them) and as for sidelights, to get leds, you will posibley need to add a resistor for the car to make them work. The facelit (09) lights wont fit on your A3 -you need to change the front end.
4) Bose sub in teh boot on the right panel behind the carpet.

Boydie - car looks awesome mate :D

Oright ok i will have a look about on eBay, but ive found theres so many cheapy looking versions that really wouldnt suit an Audi.

I'm not into Lexus lights kind of look and all that.

Boydie you do have a really nice A3, and with the mods its looks amazing. I love the photo shoot ones the most, just looks like great and i think its pretty cool with that little bear lol made me laugh :)
any oter mods planned mate?

Ashley

Think this is probably one of, if not the nicest modded A3's I've seen. Really nice mods! Must of costed quite a bit though!

Wai-Fan, yes, it has cost quite a bit but IMO it has been totally worth it and its still a passion of mine!

Benskin07 - I plan to do my bike test and keep the A3 so will probably get a new clutch and flywheel for it - no other mods are jumping out at me to be honest. Just keep it fresh looking and keep it is as good a nick as I can for the age!

N8KOW - www.gecleant.de is where I got my bung from. I have changed it though for a custom logo because in my opinion, the "shocker" has been played out.

Eddie - I had to buy the control module that sits under the steering wheel and buy a newer slip ring. The wheel then had to be accessed by vagcom to program everything in - ask NHN for more specifics! A very worth while mod in my opinion!

Thanks for all the comments guys, they mean a lot! :)

VERY nice boydie! love the colour, not sure if you remember me off RMS?

are the bose grills or normal speaker grills separte from the door pannel? i want to do a similar think to what boydie did with the bose speaker grills.

..also how do you remove speaker grill? does the door pannel have to be removed? thanks

You thought of getting a TT headlight switch to finish off the alloy bits on the dash? Think they are about £40

Boydie your a legend in this game! Car is awesome, they should put in on money. Ha. Yours was the reason I started playing with my Mauri Blue A3!

Next step for me - was planning springs, but now going for coils (thinking the vmaxx for cost) then the LM Reps go on :yahoo: ive got to wait for July tho cos of insurance :(

They are £57 from Audi, straight swap yeah but there are 3 versions, standard, auto lights and theres another with a DRL switch. Make sure you get the right one!

ttswitch.jpg

They are £57 from Audi, straight swap yeah but there are 3 versions, standard, auto lights and theres another with a DRL switch. Make sure you get the right one!

ttswitch.jpg

Same as the one from a 09 MY car

Boydie, as much as i love Becker head units and how OEM they look with brilliant performance but just dont think it looks right in the A3 dash. Sorry

ttswitch.jpg

Anyone got a part number?

I have the basic switch - i.e. no auto lights, coming home function etc...

Anyone any pics of this switch from the TT?

Anyone got a part number?

I have the basic switch - i.e. no auto lights, coming home function etc...

Anyone any pics of this switch from the TT?

Here is a page from the parts catalogue showing the 2009 light switch...

light switch 2009

Eddie - I had to buy the control module that sits under the steering wheel and buy a newer slip ring. The wheel then had to be accessed by vagcom to program everything in - ask NHN for more specifics! A very worth while mod in my opinion!

How much is the control module?

Awesome car by the way. Your car is the reason I decided to get a blue one!! :hubbahubba:
Also, Did you fit the becker or was it fitted for you? I have an Indianapolis I want to fit and wondered how easy it was?

Is the Grandprix a nav also?

Thanks Dave!

Matty - The control module is around £110-120 from memory! The becker was fitted for me at the time but I have had it out before and back in - you will need to by an autoleads facia to help the unit fit.

The grand prix didnt come with Nav, just hands free as the Nav doesnt work very well in Northern Ireland

Thanks for the comments!

Car looks great!!
I'm looking at the votex kit for mine too. Where can I get it from? What kinda price am I looking at. Mines an 04 tdi in akoya silver and would look amazing with this kit on. Was thinking bout doin the facelift conversion, but after seeing urs, I might just do the same to be honest, looks wkd.

Talk about a thread resurrection!! I loved seeing Boydie's personal touches to his A3 especially the Focal Decals.

Gizm0 I think someone is seeling the Votex bumper on ebay but you can find it in the classified sticky.

I cant stand the votex kit at all, looks yuck really does.

Thanks for the comments - my A3 was reverted back to standard as much as possible just over a year ago when I sold it to my parents - still has the votex kit on it.

With the right touches, the votex kit, IMO, is one of the best OEM look kits for the A3 apart from facelift conversion!

I am not sure if you can still get the kit from Audi since that phase of A3 is now 5-6 years old but have a look on ebay and german ebay! If all else fails, facelift it :)

Car looks great!!
I'm looking at the votex kit for mine too. Where can I get it from? What kinda price am I looking at. Mines an 04 tdi in akoya silver and would look amazing with this kit on. Was thinking bout doin the facelift conversion, but after seeing urs, I might just do the same to be honest, looks wkd.

You can still get the kit from Audi bought my spoiler a month back and there was a guy ordering the kit for his 2003 A3.

Mystery unravelled. The forum has so much knowledge!