EM TuningVolks Autos
Results 1 to 40 of 40

Thread: Mine A3 Ya!

  1. #1
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814

    Mine A3 Ya!

    Since my account was mysteriously deleted and now revived, I can no longer find my original A3 thread so thought I would resurrect a number of old pics to show you its progression over the past 2.5 years - and the main thing, I'm still loving it!

    When I took ownership of the A3 from my Father - 2004 2.0TDI Sport



    Its first show - was asked to use my car as a demo car for Audio Advice's Open Day at their new shop!








    Votex kit added
    BBS CH 19" et50 235/35/19
    FK Silverline Coilovers
    German Plates
    Becker Grand Prix Headunit
    Diamond and Genesis Sound System

    Shortly after the show, I took ownership of Fishscale Trim to replace the Piano trim and also got the lower doorcard insers trimmed in alacantara along with the Focal Audio logo, coloured Blue to match the interior! Also, got the backs of the seats retrimmed in alacantara and audi logo!







    The armrest was one of my first mods - best ever!!



    After seeing MarcQuinlivans new Bose illuminated speaker grills, it gave me an idea!











    The car stayed relatively the same for a long time then added the S-line rear bumper! MY09 rear lights were purchased as well and a bit of debadging! Miltek cat back exhaust fitted too



    The BBS wheel bolts were covered by OEM Audi parts which make the rims look much nicer than they already are!



    R8 Oil Cap fitted



    Front grill chrome and rings were vinyled and sprayed satin black. Lamin-x was added to the lights and fogs! Makes the car look much more agressive!

    I also bought a cherished registration which will be mine forever!!



    Thanks to NHN for suppling and helping via phone and internet to fit my FBMFSW and air vents



    De-wipered at the back and "shocker" bung fitted - gone off the bung now so have a new one arriving next week hopefully!



    I was asked to put my car into a national modified motors magazine so here are a couple from the shoot





    Photo collage from shoot



    Extremely bored one day while recovering from shoulder surgery so sprayed my rings and pressed plates - returned to black now though so dont worry lol dont for a laugh!



    Detailed very recently while I was off!











    And then I got this this morning - again, for a laugh. Some of you may be familiar with Pedo Bear haha



    Thats about it guys - hope you like and if you have any questions regarding mods, please do not hesitate to ask me! We are all here to help each other on this site!

    Thanks

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Tommy's Avatar
    Makinen...ha

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    443
    Love it buddy, cant say there's one thing on the car that id change....maybe the front bumper to s-line or s3 but thats it...

    Nice progress, thumbs up from me

  4. #3
    Staz's Avatar
    is a retronaut

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristol (mostly)
    Posts
    6,168
    Still looking great mate! Glad you're loving it still, that's the important thing.
    8P2 S3

    For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

  5. #4
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sollentuna, Sweden
    Posts
    86
    Very tasteful mods, love it all, I was gonna say you should tint the rear windows but when I think about it, you better not cause its rly suits the color!

    another thing boydie, how much are you lowered atm?
    Last edited by phille87; 9th May 2009 at 16:58.

  6. #5
    10blazin's Avatar
    HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    gorton
    Posts
    3,272
    very nice mate i like your car ....love the speakers and the mods

  7. #6
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814
    Quote Originally Posted by phille87 View Post
    Very tasteful mods, love it all, I was gonna say you should tint the rear windows but when I think about it, you better not cause its rly suits the color!

    another thing boydie, how much are you lowered atm?

    Thanks for the comment guys, really appreciate it! I was in a sling for 5 weeks and didnt drive so getting back into it after that time, its awesome!

    The car is lowered around 40-45mm on coilovers!

  8. #7
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post



    How did you change to the S3 MFSW. What about airbag how did you solve that one? Very great work with you A3 it looks very good.
    A3. 3Doors, Xenon, RNS-E, Bluetooth, Front and rear armrest, Half Leather/Alcantara, Interior light Pack, Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Rear Parking Sensor, Sline exterior, 19" rs4 rims, 2009-Tail lights, Auto dimming mirror wh Compass, Auto dimming side mirrors, Sunroof.


  9. #8
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,133

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Boydie where do you get your rear bung from and how hard is it to de-wiper? Makes the back end look cleaner.

  10. #9
    redbutcher's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    657
    Still one of the best on here - a lot of effort and very OEM - gets the thumbs up from me
    Jon

    Now A3 less......

  11. #10
    just017's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    438
    I love the subtle mods you've done. A few thing if you wouldn't mind helping me out, i'm new to Audis and like to do the odd subtle change to suite my liking.

    Firstly, the lower part of the front bumber (the strip below the gof lights). Can this part be added to mine? Currently mine is like the one in Eddies sig (i think) but i really like the look of the extra strip that a few A3s have.

    Secondly the rear lights you have, where can these be bought from? Again currently mine are like Eddies (where the clear reverse light sweeps round to the side of the car)

    Thirdly, i'm looking for the whiter, sharper lights (Xenon i think) but if possible with the LED's in too, can these be swapped for mine, ive looked at loads of piccies and the shape looks exactly the same, but not seen many people do it.

    And finally, with the Bose sound system, does the car come fitted with a Bose Sub anywhere? and if so where is it located in the car.

    Thanks for your time in replying.

    Just017

  12. #11
    kaz219's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Manchester/Liverpool Uni
    Posts
    1,796
    Quote Originally Posted by just017 View Post
    I love the subtle mods you've done. A few thing if you wouldn't mind helping me out, i'm new to Audis and like to do the odd subtle change to suite my liking.

    Firstly, the lower part of the front bumber (the strip below the gof lights). Can this part be added to mine? Currently mine is like the one in Eddies sig (i think) but i really like the look of the extra strip that a few A3s have.

    Secondly the rear lights you have, where can these be bought from? Again currently mine are like Eddies (where the clear reverse light sweeps round to the side of the car)

    Thirdly, i'm looking for the whiter, sharper lights (Xenon i think) but if possible with the LED's in too, can these be swapped for mine, ive looked at loads of piccies and the shape looks exactly the same, but not seen many people do it.

    And finally, with the Bose sound system, does the car come fitted with a Bose Sub anywhere? and if so where is it located in the car.

    Thanks for your time in replying.

    Just017
    1) Yes. if yours is a double grill - I have the kit for sale (front back and sides)
    2) Audi -they're facelift Audi lights from the latest 3dr model
    3) You can change the bulbs (osram nightbreakers seem to be one of the best and i have them and rate them) and as for sidelights, to get leds, you will posibley need to add a resistor for the car to make them work. The facelit (09) lights wont fit on your A3 -you need to change the front end.
    4) Bose sub in teh boot on the right panel behind the carpet.

    Boydie - car looks awesome mate :D
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

    For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

  13. #12
    just017's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz219 View Post
    1) Yes. if yours is a double grill - I have the kit for sale (front back and sides)
    2) Audi -they're facelift Audi lights from the latest 3dr model
    3) You can change the bulbs (osram nightbreakers seem to be one of the best and i have them and rate them) and as for sidelights, to get leds, you will posibley need to add a resistor for the car to make them work. The facelit (09) lights wont fit on your A3 -you need to change the front end.
    4) Bose sub in teh boot on the right panel behind the carpet.

    Boydie - car looks awesome mate :D
    Oright ok i will have a look about on eBay, but ive found theres so many cheapy looking versions that really wouldnt suit an Audi.

    I'm not into Lexus lights kind of look and all that.

  14. #13
    audi a3 s line 2009 model

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    coventry
    Posts
    94
    very nice aome really nice touches on that car

  15. #14
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Boydie you do have a really nice A3, and with the mods its looks amazing. I love the photo shoot ones the most, just looks like great and i think its pretty cool with that little bear lol made me laugh
    any oter mods planned mate?

    Ashley
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  16. #15
    Wai-Fan's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    523

    My Social Networking

    Visit Wai-Fan's Instagram Channel
    Think this is probably one of, if not the nicest modded A3's I've seen. Really nice mods! Must of costed quite a bit though!
    2006/2008 - 52 Peugeot 206 1.4 LX, Platinum Silver

    2008 - 04 Audi A3 8P1 2.0 TDi (140) Sport, Mauritius Blue

    2013 - 2010 Audi B8 S4, Quartz Grey

  17. #16
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814
    Wai-Fan, yes, it has cost quite a bit but IMO it has been totally worth it and its still a passion of mine!

    Benskin07 - I plan to do my bike test and keep the A3 so will probably get a new clutch and flywheel for it - no other mods are jumping out at me to be honest. Just keep it fresh looking and keep it is as good a nick as I can for the age!

    N8KOW - www.gecleant.de is where I got my bung from. I have changed it though for a custom logo because in my opinion, the "shocker" has been played out.

    Eddie - I had to buy the control module that sits under the steering wheel and buy a newer slip ring. The wheel then had to be accessed by vagcom to program everything in - ask NHN for more specifics! A very worth while mod in my opinion!

    Thanks for all the comments guys, they mean a lot!

  18. #17
    tdisportuk's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    459
    VERY nice boydie! love the colour, not sure if you remember me off RMS?

  19. #18
    tdisportuk's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    459
    are the bose grills or normal speaker grills separte from the door pannel? i want to do a similar think to what boydie did with the bose speaker grills.

  20. #19
    tdisportuk's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    459
    ..also how do you remove speaker grill? does the door pannel have to be removed? thanks

  21. #20
    smudge_don's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sutton, Surrey
    Posts
    2,941
    gorgeous car!

    pedo bear is my fav bit though

  22. #21
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Telford
    Posts
    2,488
    You thought of getting a TT headlight switch to finish off the alloy bits on the dash? Think they are about 40
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

  23. #22
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,133

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    55 Lee R, RNS wud finish the dash. Cheers Boydie.

  24. #23
    B17AVM's Avatar
    The Whoa

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    94
    Boydie your a legend in this game! Car is awesome, they should put in on money. Ha. Yours was the reason I started playing with my Mauri Blue A3!

    Next step for me - was planning springs, but now going for coils (thinking the vmaxx for cost) then the LM Reps go on ive got to wait for July tho cos of insurance
    Audi A3 2.0 TDI

  25. #24
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814
    Quote Originally Posted by tdisportuk View Post
    ..also how do you remove speaker grill? does the door pannel have to be removed? thanks
    No mate, I dont remember - is it the same username??

    Th speaker grills are removed from the bottom of them I think, they just pull out so you do not have to remove the door card!

    Thanks lad!

  26. #25
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    You thought of getting a TT headlight switch to finish off the alloy bits on the dash? Think they are about 40

    Oh whats this you say? I will have it ordered tomorrow if its a direct replacement???

    Any pics or links?

    Thanks for all the comments guys!

  27. #26
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Telford
    Posts
    2,488
    They are 57 from Audi, straight swap yeah but there are 3 versions, standard, auto lights and theres another with a DRL switch. Make sure you get the right one!

    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

  28. #27
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Clacton-on-Sea Essex
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    They are 57 from Audi, straight swap yeah but there are 3 versions, standard, auto lights and theres another with a DRL switch. Make sure you get the right one!

    Same as the one from a 09 MY car

    Boydie, as much as i love Becker head units and how OEM they look with brilliant performance but just dont think it looks right in the A3 dash. Sorry
    2009- Phantom Black A3 S Line Black Edt 2.0T
    2008 - 2009 Emocian red Seat Ibiza FR TDi running p-torque stage 1 (STOLEN)
    2005 - 2008 Black Magic 1.4 Seat Ibiza Sport (PX ed)

  29. #28
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,133

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    pm sent boydie!

  30. #29
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    They are 57 from Audi, straight swap yeah but there are 3 versions, standard, auto lights and theres another with a DRL switch. Make sure you get the right one!


    Anyone got a part number?

    I have the basic switch - i.e. no auto lights, coming home function etc...

    Anyone any pics of this switch from the TT?

  31. #30
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814
    Quote Originally Posted by mhill View Post
    Same as the one from a 09 MY car

    Boydie, as much as i love Becker head units and how OEM they look with brilliant performance but just dont think it looks right in the A3 dash. Sorry
    No worries lad, as you said, brilliant performance and thats what I was after

  32. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    Anyone got a part number?

    I have the basic switch - i.e. no auto lights, coming home function etc...

    Anyone any pics of this switch from the TT?
    Here is a page from the parts catalogue showing the 2009 light switch...

    light switch 2009
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  33. #32
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    Eddie - I had to buy the control module that sits under the steering wheel and buy a newer slip ring. The wheel then had to be accessed by vagcom to program everything in - ask NHN for more specifics! A very worth while mod in my opinion!
    How much is the control module?

    Awesome car by the way. Your car is the reason I decided to get a blue one!!
    Also, Did you fit the becker or was it fitted for you? I have an Indianapolis I want to fit and wondered how easy it was?

    Is the Grandprix a nav also?
    Last edited by MattyV5; 11th May 2009 at 12:28.
    Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport - HID's, Parking Sensors, Full Leather, some rattles.....

  34. #33
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814
    Thanks Dave!

    Matty - The control module is around 110-120 from memory! The becker was fitted for me at the time but I have had it out before and back in - you will need to by an autoleads facia to help the unit fit.

    The grand prix didnt come with Nav, just hands free as the Nav doesnt work very well in Northern Ireland

    Thanks for the comments!

  35. #34
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    182
    Car looks great!!
    I'm looking at the votex kit for mine too. Where can I get it from? What kinda price am I looking at. Mines an 04 tdi in akoya silver and would look amazing with this kit on. Was thinking bout doin the facelift conversion, but after seeing urs, I might just do the same to be honest, looks wkd.

  36. #35
    Pii
    Pii's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    748
    Talk about a thread resurrection!! I loved seeing Boydie's personal touches to his A3 especially the Focal Decals.

    Gizm0 I think someone is seeling the Votex bumper on ebay but you can find it in the classified sticky.

  37. #36
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,099
    I cant stand the votex kit at all, looks yuck really does.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  38. #37
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814
    Thanks for the comments - my A3 was reverted back to standard as much as possible just over a year ago when I sold it to my parents - still has the votex kit on it.

    With the right touches, the votex kit, IMO, is one of the best OEM look kits for the A3 apart from facelift conversion!

    I am not sure if you can still get the kit from Audi since that phase of A3 is now 5-6 years old but have a look on ebay and german ebay! If all else fails, facelift it

  39. #38
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by gizm0 View Post
    Car looks great!!
    I'm looking at the votex kit for mine too. Where can I get it from? What kinda price am I looking at. Mines an 04 tdi in akoya silver and would look amazing with this kit on. Was thinking bout doin the facelift conversion, but after seeing urs, I might just do the same to be honest, looks wkd.
    You can still get the kit from Audi bought my spoiler a month back and there was a guy ordering the kit for his 2003 A3.
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  40. #39
    Pii
    Pii's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    748
    Mystery unravelled. The forum has so much knowledge!

  41. #40
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814
    Forums are great! Saves you so much time, money and stress based on other peoples experiences!

    I'd be lost without them lol

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO