JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning

Thread: wiper blade

1st Gear

Status

wiper blade

got some new wiper blades but how do you remove the wiper blades from the car and you cant lift it because the bonnet blocks it
    thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    they just pull up some times but some times they dont , so they can be unlocked im not sure how to unlock the wipers though someone will know its actually in the car manual but dont have it close to hand

Tetbury Audi Parts Man

Status
    Turn ignition off then immediately pull down on the wiper ( as in the one wipe function position) they will then lift up in to service postion. Or in some cases you have to do it throught the drivers info system. Go in to the menu then set and its in there.
    A3 2.0TDI S-LINE BRILLIANT BLACK (s-line suspension,Audi sound system) coming March (fingers crossed)!

1st Gear

Status
    thanks
    i just ended up lifting the bonnet

1st Gear

Status
    As above, switch ignition on/off then pull down on the wiper stalk and the wipers slide up to the middle of the screen (service position) so you can lift them.

1st Gear

Status
    got it done but its leaving a smear after every wipe and after about 2 seconds the smear fades
    i did use rain x could it be to do with that

Tetbury Audi Parts Man

Status
    Yes that will be the rainx, I never use that stuff on the front,only on side windows. Its a ***** to get off too.
    A3 2.0TDI S-LINE BRILLIANT BLACK (s-line suspension,Audi sound system) coming March (fingers crossed)!

Some years ago I used Rainx on my front screen and the wipers would never run across it properly after that, so now I also only ever use it on the side windows and the door mirrors.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3