SuperGuard

A3_SSS

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas of what this costs?
Is it worth having on a phantom black car?
Have been given a quote via email with this included but the price of this is not specified.

by the looks of it, it is just a sealant, have you looked at getting the protection film for the whole car, it is very very good.

do you have a brand new car?

In a word, no, dont waste your time with it, Just buy some decent wax. Dealers charge between 250-350 for this and its not worth more than a tenner.

Welcome to the site, use the search facility mate as there have been various discussions on this product, tbh it was regarded as worthless, get a good detail done to the car & with the aftercare you can do yourself cheaply it will look damn site better than this stuff for sure.

Definitely don't bother with it. The kit you can pick up off Ebay for £20. Dealers charge anywhere between £250-400 for it to be applied. IMO and from listening to others the dealers cause more damage putting the stuff on....that was the reason when I was offered it FOC I turned it down

my missus got a brand new ka, and got the paint protection put in, it basically is a thick strong sealant, it is good but i could easily have done this for her but i would have to kkeep topping it up, the main good thing about it, is that as they say paint should be fine for like 2 years, if a bird does its stuff all over it n marks it, ford will repair it free of charge!!!!

Ah but it only costs £1 for a Ka given its the same size as a matchbox car!! ha ha

my missus got a brand new ka, and got the paint protection put in, it basically is a thick strong sealant, it is good but i could easily have done this for her but i would have to kkeep topping it up, the main good thing about it, is that as they say paint should be fine for like 2 years, if a bird does its stuff all over it n marks it, ford will repair it free of charge!!!!

I bet you look in the small print there is a clause that says that bird dropping must be washed off. We used to do supaguard and im sure it said that.:ermm:

I had super gaurd on my sportback at first its great like when you buy a water proof coat but after a few weeks bag o shyte ,the thing is with it if you rub your hand accross it feel quite ruff and i found my self washing the car ALOT to keep it clean so i clayed the crap off polished and waxed my car is now like a peice of glass to touch and stays much cleaner for longer i wouldnt bother mate its a waste of money id advise meguire clay kit, do that twice or 3 times ayear polish it and wax it after that i wash my car once a week and wax it its so much better and looks clean for much longer

Ah but it only costs £1 for a Ka given its the same size as a matchbox car!! ha ha

lol, her ka is great, i made her get the gun metal grey, its a great little car, no better small car out there!

n yea, there prob is summin in small print, but i remember asking loads of question about it n me being a fairly keen detailer, i wanted to know what it was, he wasnt to sure with what the product is, but he said they polish up paint n get it n good condition, put a few coats of this sealant on n each time they leave it on for a few hours. i asked if you can buy it off the shelf he said no, (i asked this cos zaino z2 needs to be left on for bout an hour to cure) its seems to be ok, but that may be because i keep cleanin it n protecting it!

and a clay kit will provide you with a great finish and some great beading/sheeting. if your a newbie to detailing, get the megs kit, the more expensive stuff is good, but you need to think about what level of cleanin you need, as you can get harsh clay or really fine clay, you alos need to buy the lube separate!

I bet you look in the small print there is a clause that says that bird dropping must be washed off. We used to do supaguard and im sure it said that.:ermm:

And you have to have used the aftercare products on regular basis to maintain the warranty. You're much better off spending half the money on some clay, polish & wax

I use gard-x at work, and thats the same stuff, its a load of rubbish tbh, the sealant makes the car gleam but it doesnt last as long as the dealers say it does, and the stain gard for the interior is absolutely *****.

you get lube with the meguires kit and honest its really good ive never felt paint so smooth its the same as when you go as see a brandnew car its like rubbing your hand accross a pint pot smooth as hell

you get lube with the meguires kit and honest its really good ive never felt paint so smooth its the same as when you go as see a brandnew car its like rubbing your hand accross a pint pot smooth as hell

You got a wierd fetish lad?

lol

lol ...haha ...no ive just got into detailing as was really surprised what claying does its great stuff ....

whats snow foam il need a pressure washer for that wont i ????

Thanks for the replies folks. Looks like i'll be giving it a miss then.
Not got the car yet. Still hunting for quotes. Nothing 100% but I'm after a 3dr A3 2.0TDi Sline Black Edition and yep will be brand new. Having seen the options available I think I'll be going for Phantom Black.
Thanks for the welcome. I've been browsing the site for a while, just keeping tabs on new developments.
If I find the right deal then I'll be speccing matt inalys (think it's too black inside with the piano's), swapping the titanium allows for the normal sline wheels (if I can pursuade the dealer to swap as the pimped out look is not for me) and changing the grill to the facelift S3 grill (ala SEM).
You may ask why have the black edition well, I would have went for a normal sline and added the xenons and drl's had it not been for the FBMFSW.

wait til you get to snow foam :thumbsup:

Snow foam is great, everyone gives you dodgy looks. Yes you will need a pressure washer. Car detailing is very addictive, I find anyway. Once the car is clayed, buy some good sealant like zaino z2 or chemical guys jet seal n a good wax from dodo juice.

Snow foam is great, everyone gives you dodgy looks. Yes you will need a pressure washer. Car detailing is very addictive, I find anyway. Once the car is clayed, buy some good sealant like zaino z2 or chemical guys jet seal n a good wax from dodo juice.

For the snow foam you don't need a pressure washer. It is preferable but there are guns which just work off a standard garden hose

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/cgi-...r-foamaster-II-foam-gun-wash.html#aARC1#aARC1

For the snow foam you don't need a pressure washer. It is preferable but there are guns which just work off a standard garden hose

yea, but the ones the work from garden hoses dont have that thickness that from a pressure washer does, the throw foam on but it just falls off, whereas with a pressure washer, it sticks to your car for about 3-4 mins

what does the foam do is it better than actually washing it with car shampoo and a wool mit ????

what does the foam do is it better than actually washing it with car shampoo and a wool mit ????

as the foam is so aerated it lifts the dirt off of the car and loosens any stubborn stuck on crud, sounds like a advert for cilit bang lol!

its what they call a pre wash, it aggitates the dirt and loosens it, and you then rinse off with pressure washer, it removes about 80% of dirt, it reduces the chance of your washing mitt picking dirt up and scratching it all over your car. i always use it, i use http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/meguiars-hyper-wash/prod_326.html and this is what you use it in, you put a little bit of, say, hyper wash, and then the rest water, plug it in n then the water being pushed through the pressure washer, creates a vacuum which lifts the cleaning liquid and foams it up!

its what they call a pre wash, it aggitates the dirt and loosens it, and you then rinse off with pressure washer, it removes about 80% of dirt, it reduces the chance of your washing mitt picking dirt up and scratching it all over your car. i always use it, i use http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/meguiars-hyper-wash/prod_326.html and this is what you use it in, you put a little bit of, say, hyper wash, and then the rest water, plug it in n then the water being pushed through the pressure washer, creates a vacuum which lifts the cleaning liquid and foams it up!

Its actually a Venturi pump:undwech: do you not add any shampoo to your mix?

as the foam is so aerated it lifts the dirt off of the car and loosens any stubborn stuck on crud, sounds like a advert for cilit bang lol!

when the guy not sure if it was you mentioned yesterday about all the bird crud on the a5 i was just pissin my sides at the term bird cruds ive not heard crud for years ...funny...... i think i may invest in a preshure washer and foam the street up:scared2:

when the guy not sure if it was you mentioned yesterday about all the bird crud on the a5 i was just pissin my sides at the term bird cruds ive not heard crud for years ...funny...... i think i may invest in a preshure washer and foam the street up:scared2:

I did have a glance at the thread, maybe it was subliminaly but i think its a word i use regularly lol

honestly dont bother! i am so gutted i paid for superguard! breifly.. seats still stain and paint doesn't stay "looking amazing with just warm water" as they say. :blahblah1: