1K0 953 549 F

edition

Reaction score
Hi,

As some of you might have read i'm trying to retro-fit cruise control to my car.

I have been told by 2 reliable sources that the module I have is not compatable.

I have also been told that I don't need a new stering module!!

Does anybody know the definative answer to my question?

HELP!

Cheers :)

The correct module number is 8P0 953 549 F, Not sure if 1K0 953 549 F is. If you need to change the module, you will also need the relevent slip ring too.

1K0 953 549 AH is also rumoured to work with cruise control.
At least for MY08 models. What year is yours?

I changed my module to 8P0 953 549F as i wanted to fit MuFu as well

When I fitted Mikeys flat bottom wheel i noticed he has the 1K0 953 549 AH module (2006 car) along with this he had the correct slip ring which is needed for the 8P0 953 549F module, so if you do need the 8P0 version you should be ok with your slipring. sorry cant comment on if your module is ok. How about asking for VCDS logs of people with SE spec cars as they have criuse from factory, right????

Cheers for that help!

Anybody out there who can check there car?

An update regarding the launch of retro-fit cruise control for A3 and A3 Sportback.

We are pleased to announce that retrofit cruise control is now available for the A3 and A3
Sportback (please note that these kits are only suitable for 8P chassis numbers, not 8L). In order to ensure that this Audi Genuine Accessory is available across the entire A3 and Sportback range, there are 5 different specification systems that vary in price and fitting time accordingly. In order to correctly identify the system required for a specific vehicle, please follow the steps below:

1. Identify if Navigation BNS (PR 7Q9) OR Navigation RNS (PR 7Q2) OR Auxiliary heater (PR 9M1 or 9M9) are fitted. In these cases please utilise part number 8P0 054 690
2. Identify bodystyle of the vehicle i.e. 3 dr / Sportback
3. Identify build month of vehicle
4. Using a 5051, use address 16 to check steering wheel electronics – note the part number of the electronic module
5. Once steps 1 – 4 have been followed, please refer to the attached spreadsheet to determine the correct unit to order and any additional parts

In addition to the selection matrix on the attached spreadsheet, full costs and RRP are also highlighted.

As it is impossible to tell which kit will be required for a vehicle prior to using the 5051 machine, we recommend that all 5 kits are ordered into stock prior to a customer’s vehicle being taken off the road. It should also be noted that whilst the quoted fitting times cover the fitment of the cruise control unit and additional parts, they do not allow for the time required to interrogate the vehicle using the 5051 machine. We recommend therefore that this is taken into account when quoting
any fitting times and prices to customers.

This is the info Audi UK give to dealers, im trying to post the pdf matrix document but not sure how to do it. Can anybody help?

Si

Yeah that pdf. doc. would be great :)

:( Not looking good for my cruise is it! Without changing the module.

Hi,

I had 1K0 953 549 AH in my car ( MY09 ), and it worked with cruise control. Changed it for 8P0 953 549 F as I installed MFSW. I have the AH module for sale if some is interested.

And about sliprings, there are two sliprings, lowline and highline. Lowlines is installed in cars which don't have onboard computer. If you have onboard computer you have at least midline module which comes with highline slipring... so:

lowline module + lowline slipring = nothing
midline module + highline slipring = onboard computer + cruise control
highline module + highline slipring = onboard computer + cruise control + multi-function steering wheel

I have a midline module for 2004-2009 and highline slipring for 2004-2012, so if anyone is interested....