Is there a difference?!

harvey183

Reaction score
Hi all, I might be barking up the wrong tree here but would I be right in saying that the VW Golf mk5 2.0T downpipe is the same as the S3?:think:

might not be the same as the s3, it will be the same as the 2.0t but as the s3 is a more highly tuned engine, it might not be the same! but i could be completely wrong!

I know pics are sometimes not a good thing to go by, but the ones i've seen they all look the same! I'm going to get the mirror and go and have a look, there's only 1 way to find out! lol:detective2:

Just bin and had a look, i'm 99% sure they are the same, could go miltek but you can get a stainless 3" down pipe in the states for about 240 dollars, not sure what the postage would be?:think:

Doubt they are the same. The flange that bolts onto the turbo will surely be different. The S3 has a K04 whereas the GTI has a K03s turbo.

Looked under my car and looks exactly the same as the mk5 golf with the two prongs that go into the rubber mouting, maybe the bolt holes on the turbo flange are different distances apart? Who knows?:confused: