Uk pricing...

VWAddict

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So last year I bought my A3 in the US. -I thought it was a good price, but then I saw what people are paying in the UK... :scared2:

At the time I paid for mine (July last year) the dollar was almost 50p (£1:$1.95) and -including tax and a full tank, -with NO trade-in discount, I paid $27k. -That was £13,800.

For that, I got a 2.0T petrol sportback, with open skye, ipod integration, leather seating, 17" alloys, cruise, MFSW, etc etc etc. -About the only things I didn't get were navigation and bluetooth. (Already have navigation, and fitted bluetooth myself for a little over £130)

I can't get the configurator to work, but how much would that car have cost in the UK? -Tax, seatbelts and al that mularkey included?

And (the big question...) why do Audi charge UK & European buyers so friggin' much?

Keith

So last year I bought my A3 in the US. -I thought it was a good price, but then I saw what people are paying in the UK... :scared2:

At the time I paid for mine (July last year) the dollar was almost 50p (£1:$1.95) and -including tax and a full tank, -with NO trade-in discount, I paid $27k. -That was £13,800.

For that, I got a 2.0T petrol sportback, with open skye, ipod integration, leather seating, 17" alloys, cruise, MFSW, etc etc etc. -About the only things I didn't get were navigation and bluetooth. (Already have navigation, and fitted bluetooth myself for a little over £130)

I can't get the configurator to work, but how much would that car have cost in the UK? -Tax, seatbelts and al that mularkey included?

And (the big question...) why do Audi charge UK & European buyers so friggin' much?

Keith

The price a manufacturer will charge for a car is what that particular market will stand. Cars, as most things, are cheaper in the US that in the UK or mainland Europe. Cars are not priced on the cost to produce each car. Some markets subsidise other markets in the eyes of the manufacturer. Providing they make a profit overall on a particular model they are happy.