brake pads

ru4shaw

Reaction score
audi a3 04 plate. my warning light come on yesterday about the brake pads does anyone know if its a hard job or could you do it your self
thanks

It is easy to do the pads yourself, you will need a caliper wind back tool (though a G clamp was effective combined with a lump of timber to push it back) With the warning light thats the pads with very little if anything left on them so need changing ASAP

What will you be replacing them with?

i never changed brakes before i just thought id give it ago im not bothered i just want brake pads that are not rubbish

got a a3 1.6fsi on a 04 gonna do the facelift upgrade and xenons

Mintex will do you fine - they'r not that pricey but i have them on my S3 345mm brakes.

Where abouts are you ?

london
i should be able to do it but what about the plug for the wear sensor is it obvious how to do it when i see it

are mintex any good?
the guy on the phone said there is only one wear sensor wich is on the front brake not sure if thats true does anyone know
thanks

are Frodo the very good concidering the price or mintex which will only cost me 60 front and back

ordering some pads now its either bosh, or mintex because there at reasonable prices but which one?
thanks

how much and what ones, the mintex is about 50-60 for front and back and the bosh works out about the same