clunking noise

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
car makes a clunk sound when i turn steering towards the right when driving or stationary,fitted lowering springs today,im sure ive tightened everything only does it when turning right even if i turn the steering a quarter of a turn,fitted new track rod ends and all seem tight.......any ideas?

I think someone might iron this out for sure but I think it's called the CV Joints that's going out

Im guessing it didnt make the sound before changing the springs? It could be the spring isnt seated correctly and is turning out of sync with the strut cup/macpherson srut. Its also possible the act of removing the strut cup has damaged it. Its hard to say over the net, I'd try to get somebody to listen to where it is coming from exactly as you turn the wheel.

Im guessing it didnt make the sound before changing the springs? It could be the spring isnt seated correctly and is turning out of sync with the strut cup/macpherson srut. Its also possible the act of removing the strut cup has damaged it. Its hard to say over the net, I'd try to get somebody to listen to where it is coming from exactly as you turn the wheel.

my thoughts too mate