A couple of mods on wet afternoon

mac1403

Reaction score
Firstly thanks to Dave for his help and MarcQuinlivan for putting ideas in my head with all his mods. I decided to do the Bose grills this afternoon. These are different to the ones Marc had as he (Cargravo) sends the whole grill already assembled now
IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

Removed the door cards and decided to take the illumination feed from the electric widow switch. There are 4 wires which in this loom and with the help of Dave (h5djr) it was singled down to needing to splice into a brown and blue. The blue wasn't a problem but I had to make an educated guess on which brown to use as there were 2. Luckily I chose the brown/white which turned out to be the correct one. Probably would have been better using a scotchlock, but used the terminal block provided as I didn't have any to hand.
IMG_1652.jpg

Anyhow to cut a long story short, rebuilt everything including replacing the puddle lights with led's seeing the card was off.
IMG_1661.jpg

Also managed to fit the switch which came with the grills....all in a all a good afternoon
IMG_1674.jpg

Reactions: MrWhItEwOlF
love the bose covers im gonna do them to are you going to do a wright up if not il pm you if i get stuck ...;) looks great mate

love the bose covers im gonna do them to are you going to do a wright up if not il pm you if i get stuck ...;) looks great mate

Didn't get a lot of pictures done as I was running out of time (started to rain) If you do it by all means give a pm. Will give you my Tel No if you are stuck and you can call...easier than typing. BTW I know a few people have had problems with Cargravo, I didn't though and shipping was quick. He doesn't show the switch on the web site for the facelift, but just gave him the Pt No of the blank switch and he sorted the rest out. Very helpful guy.

thats impressive yet very very subtle

thats nice! did the bose grills come with the leds lights built in? what is the part number? PM asap lol

I think I need to stop coming on here, I just keep adding things to my list and I haven't even got my car yet!? lol Looks good mate, how long did it take?

Reactions: MrWhItEwOlF
so were these 49.90Euros for 2 whole grills with the illumination already fitted, also how much was the shipping?

Yes, thats the price of them. Am not sure how he does the billing as I was only charged 45 for the grill and 17 for the switch. Shipping was 3 Euro. Total €65. Comes as per the picture with the leds installed to the grill, the wire and a terminal block

I think I need to stop coming on here, I just keep adding things to my list and I haven't even got my car yet!? lol Looks good mate, how long did it take?

Took me all afternoon. That was because I have not taken the door cards off before and took my time just to make sure I didn't break anything. The rest of the time was spent trying to work out which wires to splice into. If I had to do them again I think I could do them in under 2 hours easily....simple job really.

What switch? I've ordered a pair of grills from Cargravo but there was no switch in the package.

You don't need any switch mate. The switch i am on about is the one next to the hazard warning switch, the one with the Gecko. It's nothing to do with the Bose grill......just a little something I added onto my order

Done! I've installed my grills. I've connected the wires to the lights from the door handle instead of the lights from the switches. This way they remain iluminated even after removing the key from the contact.
Now I have to find out how to remove the fixed plate on the glove compartment door.

Very good job, sorry for asking the a silly question what does the quattro button do?