fuel additives

cubby

Reaction score
hi. Does anybody use fuel additives on here? I've an a3 2.0 tdi sport. Was thinking along the lines of redex or something. Do they work? Thanks.

i try and use some on every full tank, i use super unleaded and some redex, it is good, it clean out the injectors, valves and sparkies, may be worth looking at some oil additive too, this will clean inside the cylinders and increase the lubrication

Alot of people swear by the Millers Diesel Power Sport 4 additive, increases the cetaine rating too for extra performance.

Any of you heard about Borpower (nanoboron) oil additive?

It apparently decreases engine wear and increases mpg, I haven't had the balls to try it myself yet, although there are some independent tests on the web which looked promising.

Nearly all the oil additives in the past were proved to be just snake oil, although the jury is still out on this one I think.

IL BE BUYING PLENTI THEN ..... EFFIN HATE SNAKES LOL

i use redex with vpower diesel

not sure about the vpower but redex made the engine feel smoother and looser..

i use shell V+ or BP Ultimate all the time and occasionaly used the redex fuel additive and am sure it makes the diesel sound less 'clunky' lol.. and the V+ fuel does seem to make it run smoother...was looking for the test 5th gear did on V+/Ultimate fuel on youtube, but cudnt find it.. anyway, they did alot of tests with machines and sensors etc and with one use it increased BHP by like 1 or 2% or summit and with regular use will add more BHP..
while lookin for this vid tho, i found this test they did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj_21dikYR8
is on fuel addatives and gives the best answer your looking for i think..
Piers:thumbsup:

i used to use Redex on my petrol Focus since i got the Audi i havnt Used anything.... Yet