JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

Help needed...please

Does anyone know the wire colours of the door window switch illumination are. I am taking the door cards off this afternoon do do a little mod and before I remove them it would be nice to know what wires I need to splice into to get an illumination feed....thanks
    Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    ring around a few audi dealerships and see if they are able to help! they have an audi mechanics book for each car which should have a wiring diagram in the back and hopefully they will be able to help!

I've just had a look at the Current Flow Diagrams in the electronic workshop manual and it shows the following...

Door entry light - Blue/yellow and Brown (earth)

Door open warning light - Blue/yellow and Brown (earth)

Door opener illumination bulb - Blue/brown and Brown (earth)

Hope this helps.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I've just had a look at the Current Flow Diagrams in the electronic workshop manual and it shows the following...

Door entry light - Blue/yellow and Brown (earth)

Door open warning light - Blue/yellow and Brown (earth)

Door opener illumination bulb - Blue/brown and Brown (earth)

Hope this helps.
    Not sure if the ones you mention are the wires I am after. I am after the wires that go to the window switch. I would imagine there are going to be 4 wires. One set for the window power and one set for the actual switch illumination. Rather than trial and error i was wondering if anyone knew the colours of the ones just for the switch illumination.
    Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

Another quick look shows the illumination supply to the windows regulator switch as being Blue/brown.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Another quick look shows the illumination supply to the windows regulator switch as being Blue/brown.
    Many Thanks mate. I will take the card off and have a look

5th Gear

Status
    Just split the loom and there are actually 4 wires blue, green, brown an brown/white. Is it the all brown wire and the blue or the brown/white and blue?