true or false ?

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Im going to buy some apex lowering springs tomorrow lower my a3 sport (sportback) tdi.

If i get a 30mm kit will i only be lowering by 20mm as mine is the sport model?

I was told if i lower more than 15mm i will need adjustable tie arms for the rear........do i or dont i ?

also will i get negative camber if i lower by using 30 or 40mm springs..any info would be of great help.

p.s im running now on 7.5j x 18 et54 genuine s-line (A3) wheels

Regardless of model, 30mm lowering springs will never lower 30mm

You wont need new arms - mine is lowered 40-45mm on coilovers!

Your camber will be ok, might change slightly but nothing to worry about - get your allignment checked when changing your springs

I would also purchase wheel spacers - maybe 5-10mm to make the rims stick out a wee bit!

Im going to buy some apex lowering springs tomorrow lower my a3 sport (sportback) tdi.

If i get a 30mm kit will i only be lowering by 20mm as mine is the sport model?

I was told if i lower more than 15mm i will need adjustable tie arms for the rear........do i or dont i ?

also will i get negative camber if i lower by using 30 or 40mm springs..any info would be of great help.

p.s im running now on 7.5j x 18 et54 genuine s-line (A3) wheels

With a 30mm Kit you will only be looking at 15-20mm.
I went with the Eibach Sportline kit which lowers the car 50 at the front and 40 at the rear for my sportback.
As Boydie says neither of us have needed to fit any further parts although the spacers are a good idea on the 54 offset. I'm running the same size wheels as you with 10mm H&R spacers all round! :thumbsup:

thanks guys,does the sportback and the 3 door share the same springs or are they different? (both cars say 2.0 tdi sport)

im not sure..... i know the quattro and fwd do, and the diesel and petrol there's weight difference on the springs i think that the case with 3 dr and sport back because sback is heavier

The aftermarket spring companies tend to have a different part number for 3dr v sportback so there must be some difference, i reckon the rears on the sportback are slightly stronger to deal with the extra weight of its fat bum!