Interior NEONS! ..

jacky

Audi newb!
Reaction score
This could cause some hate..

Here's the background:

Im 17 and have just got my first car, Audi A3 1.6 Ibis White (Black Styling pack/optics grill, BOSE, 17'' alloys, Bucket seats, Mp3, etc etc)

I am very lucky to get this and i appreciate that..
I know this is neddy/chavvy/boy racer but I really like the look of interior neons in the footwells.. Is this plain ridiculous in an Audi?? Im a young guy.. Almost too young soo there is that boy racer aspect about it..

Ive looked around and the neons are cheap as chips.. i quite like the look of it! :p

I expect abit of hate for this but ah well..

What you guys thik i should do??

Regards

If you really really must...no gay colours allowed (white or red acceptable, pink, blue, green etc out) and make sure the tubes are tucked right out of the way so all you can see is the glow. :yes:

I think you're gonna get flamed for this bud...:slapped:

Wow wish I had a decent car when I was 17! Anyways, as you say I'm sure some people are against it. But I usually think of the practical side of things and sometimes I wish I had some lights in case I dropped something! So go for it, just don't over do it.

pulsing lights in the footwells are stupid as this can be a distraction whilst driving

ive toyed with the idea of having red neons in the footwells to compliment the oem lighting (plus my cars red) but only need them on when the doors are open when getting in and out

the car in the yt clip has green to match his dash so blue might look odd in your a3

as hotbox said, id say red or white

why dont you just go for the interior light pack and you can have some classy white lights in the footwells, i changed my lights for white led strips for the footwells and they look cooul.

These will really light up your footwells if you can get a pair
neon-sneaker.jpg

:yes:

I wouldn't go for the neons as I don't think it fits the type of car. Stick with something cool but classy. Like stated in previous posts I would look at the led conversion. I will mention it as I am sure a lot are thinking the same thing. How did you manage to buy such a smart car at your age, especially when still at school. My first car was an old talbot sunbeam LOL and I had to save for months for that. Not saying its wrong to have a smart car if you can afford it but if you have just passed your test you will still be learning to drive in 2 years time. And before anyone mentions it, I am not jealous. I have 4 kids of my own with the oldest being 18 and there is no way I would let her or buy her a new car when she passes her test. Just my opinion, but there is a lot to learn both about driving and the hard work that goes into being able to have a new car. This is not a dig, just a general opinion. If you are lucky enough to have such a nice car enjoy it, drive carefully and look after it.

i think if you get them green ones in the video eventually your gonna get beeten up plus its to cheap and tacky for an audi maybe a nice blue glow led hidden would look ok but that dosent flash with the music lol.....

got to be careful or it will look really chav, have you asked your mum & dad if they are ok with you doing this to there car though?

The a3 I think is a too classy car for coloured neons. What about just plain White leds in footwell. Make it look really classy, the ladies would much prefer it. Get yourself some nice black alloys, lamin-x and black out it mirrors. Will look stunnin

Thanks for all the replys..

My parents were very happy to buy me a nice car.. I did well in my exams (that was the main reason behind getting the car).

Anyways.. Well i dont intend on doing much to the car and nothing performance wise. Insurance is disgusting as it is.. I was planning on some lamin-x, and lights in the footwells..

LEDs may be the best bet. However, i dont want to put the car into the garage for the LEDs to be fitted but i dont really want to have the power plug for the LEDs coming out of the cigarette lighter.. Is there any alternative?? eg, battery operated LEDs?

I know someone whose got a corsa for sale, think that had neons in :undwech:

neons = ****** lights

leave them for the bazzaboys in tescos carpark mate

don't destroy an A3.

Go with the white LEDs mate, they'll suit the colour of you're car and wont ruin the cars image

Why look back on this in 10 years time and say "yes, i was a twatt" when you can say "what was I thinking".

Neons are like drugs, JUST SAY NO*

*unless you own a ricer

Can I just ask if you want them on all the time or just when the doors are opened? You haven't specified.

I agree with the other though, white LEDs for sure, they're bright enough. And please only for when the doors are open!

Take a look at my guide mate:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=63459&highlight=LED

If you think Neons will look better than this then..... Well, I might get angry, i don't like getting angry, not on a Friday.....

I'm only messing! White LED's look smart and futuristic, red in the right places can look good too.

When i got my first A3 i put blue LED's in everywhere, in the end it became annoying. You cant see anything in blue light and it just looked stupid. Keep it all one colour, and it looks the part. Also, think about when you unlock the car at night, you really want a odd mix of bright blue and off white? Up to you, think about it though.

Take a look at my guide mate:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=63459&highlight=LED

If you think Neons will look better than this then..... Well, I might get angry, i don't like getting angry, not on a Friday.....

I'm only messing! White LED's look smart and futuristic, red in the right places can look good too.

When i got my first A3 i put blue LED's in everywhere, in the end it became annoying. You cant see anything in blue light and it just looked stupid. Keep it all one colour, and it looks the part. Also, think about when you unlock the car at night, you really want a odd mix of bright blue and off white? Up to you, think about it though.

Thanks for that.. Ill give that a try.. However is there anyway to illuminate the footwells or is that a waste of time?? (NOTE: I do not have interior light package)

Thanks you have been great. :hi:

Jacky mate, can you send me some pics of the car? is it brand new? ive got the exact same on order!