vinyl grill

10blazin

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED
Reaction score
as you may no or not i painted my whole grill black the grill is absolutely fine and is holding out nicely how ever the surround which is more solid is chipping now and again point is i want to wrap it in vinyl has anyone done this,,,, how much is the vinyl how and where to get it from, and is it easy to apply.....thanks for your help

Or just paint it again... :yes:

Vinyl you can get from a graphics shop, I reckon it'd be pretty easy to apply, use your bird's hairdryer to stretch it around the curved bits :shrug:

i got some massive vinyl wrap off of ebay, 2.1m by 900mm for £6it is kinda stretchy anyway as i have been playing, im going to do my grill too, but going to get some lamin-x and do it at the same time!

I have done it but not to a big grill - I have the twin grill in the pre-facelift!

Not a hard job but does take a bit of time to do and is hard enough to get the corners right!

Only done it once and it was such a long time ago and there are only 2 nicks in the vinyl (and I do a lot of miles!)

Edit: going by the sticker on my car window that was last summer! So it has lasted nearly a year!!!

DSC00564.jpg

I've done it blazin.
Fairly easy tbh, just takes a bit of time and care.

As said above - Your local sign writer will be able to supply you.
It's only about a fiver.
You'd need to consider what shade of black tho.
I opted for matt black, but you may want a satin as your grill has a shine to it.....

Boydie, how did you do your rings on the grill?
Are they painted? Vinyl would be tricky right?

A bit tricky to remove them if they have never been done before - the grill has to come off to remove the rings

I use a flat head screwdriver to push the clips out the back of the grill and then just work my way down, think there are 8 clips with 2 bigs ones at either end!