rolled arches advice

10blazin

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED
Reaction score
does anyone no a good bodyshop in manchester that can do rolled arches for an a3 i think it looks good i wouldnt mind doing it on mine when the times right and just want to build up some info on it.....any help would be greatfull

admit it - your wheels are rubbing aren't they? ;)

Rolling the arches is invisible as it's on the inside.

Do you mean flaring the arches to make them appear wider??

no jamie there fine mate i swear ... i just want wider arches like rs4s a bit ..So rather do a big job rolled arches would give the look i want for much cheaper.. Im going osir skirts maybe mudflaps rolled arches i like the old wide look like intergrales but more modern i think it will look nice .... All in good time mind you i got to get a damn job lol

no don your wrong its on the outside to heres a pic from a how to roll your arches thread im just not confident doing it myself

original before rolled
DSC05620.jpg

and after being rolled

DSC05623.jpg

I would leave it too the experts!!!

Isn't going to last as well is it, compaired to what you have now......

Ah, I see. Never seen that done before!
Would it add much extra width tho? And how would it match up against the bumpers?

well the car on that thread match em up pretty good heres a golf with rolled arches
i think just the back though i like the extra bit of flare it gives it looks nice..not sure why it wouldnt last edition if its properly sprayed and laqaured and you wash and wax like once a week i dont see there should be a problem ... its just finding a place that could do it ???

IMG_1476.jpg

Like I said its Impacts bread and butter.....

Still can't see it lasting like an original untoutched bit of Audi paintwork....

oh yeah i know what your saying thats probably why there flat flared there more exposed to the elements at high speeds... but with proper care they may be ok ...id just like to see a sportback with flared arches not like nothelle thats to much but that just come out more

10 Blazin, I had my arches rolled on my MK1 Scirocco and its not exactly what you are after. Rolling the arches is more about the inner arch and the lip of the outer arch, this is kind of tucked under if you will, to allow for the wheel to fit under the arches when lowered.

I think if you want the arch to be wider to accommodate your rims then you would need to have some arches fitted. Much like with Mk2 Golfs when people used to fit Mk2 G60 arches on.

Its a great look though if you can find someone to achieve it for you. Awesome might be able to reccomend someone, alternatively there are a few half decent bodyshops in the area (none of which spring to mind of course) which should be able to do the job.

Olly

try Panelcare in rochdale

Google them :D

But Jakes a top guy and sprayed many show cars so should be able to roll the arches..

there is no lip to roll back on the front or back of an A3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikey look at the pics below i mean the flat edge to flare out with the arch instead of being flat ...the a3 does have a flat lip where the arch stop going out this isnt an a3 but an example of what i mean.... my sportback has them maybe not as big but it does have them....

DSC05620.jpg

thats not having your arches rolled, thats having them PULLED. Arch rolling is where you roll the INSIDE of the arch by rolling the inside lip back on itself. Pulling is a different kettle of fish.

right i mean pulled i asked this kid and he said its rolled .... my bad i didnt know just goin of what ive been told and the thread i was sent with the pics ive used , i mean pulled then.... anyone seen an a3 with this done you may know heh mikey you been to a few show's with yours is this possible on an a3 ???/

there is no lip to roll back on the front or back of an A3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikey is 100% correct, the A3 is difficult near on impossible to do as per your request given the design of the wings/inners, I looked into this last year with some pro guys & they said this to me, I wanted the wider stance like an RS4 so could add some spacers but they said it could stretch the metal & possibly tear & would require paintwork anyway, so I put that on hold cause they couldnt guarantee the endjob being what I wanted, but I was thinking of some cut & weld job to get them slightly wider, but it has to be done right to be tasteful cause it could easily look so crappy on that car tbh

yeah i know what you mean thanks for the input NHN it would look nice though eh if someone could put it off ....

its very possilbe to do yeah, its very common on the MK3 and MK4 golfs on the show scene so they can fit wide rims and give the car that phat look. Cost wise, expect it to be A LOT. Lots of arch work x 4, then pretty much paint the whole both sides of the car.

Yeah but the MK3 & MK4 golfs were different according to them, which is why they said if it was same as the mk4 golf then wouldnt be an issue, roll to your hearts content, lol

yeah the back looks done not sure if the front has but yeah i think it would look great on a sportback and tires up in the arches

Thats exactly what I thought, its just the wheels & suspension thats made it look so, they're oem for sure.

thats a photochop (i think but not sure)

My golf use to have the wheels flat against the arch but it use to rub lightly everynow and then...

i226267324_6828_2.jpg

They sat flat against the arch and the arches werent rolled or anything.

See how much space is between the arch and your rear tyre, measure it and measure how much you want them to poke out and see if you can achieve it without it hitting with spacers..

the front looks oem but the back dosent seem to have a lip anyhow guys you no what i mean ..kaz look at the pics at the bottom of the page to get an idea

on a pulled lip - they unroll the lip on the arch out so it looks extended and the wheel can go in further without hitting. It also looks lower as the arch is pulled out.

Thats going to cost some serious moneys to get that done though. The bodyshop dude will need to pull te arch out, flatten it, fill it etc.

roll is when you just roll the arches inside - its around £20 a corner.

Cant look at my A3 as im uni and cars in manchester but just try spacers imo. I use to have a pic of an A3 with 19" ET35 wheels 8J and they sat pretty flat but lost it and not sure if it had rubbing issues.

What offset are yours - how much more mm do you wantit to poke out?

That A3 looks standard

i was just checking the cost of such a job but the way them arches are pulled out theres a link below to a thread that shows you how to do it ..if i had the doe i would do the arches like that so there more flared like rs4s then get some k3 coils so its slammed osir skirts and carctere roof spoiler then all sprayed i think it would be the winner of all sporbacks ...lol
kind of like this but with the flared arches

mmmmnn.jpg

no i mean the look of that but with flared arches added it would be soooo nice not them wheels though bbs ck polished like rabbits

i dont no what you mean nathen i mean the arches pulled if you look at the pics at the bottom thats what i mean nate im not to clue,d up mate be gental the pics at the bottom tell you what i mean i was told it was called rolled but mikey has confirmed its called pulled...

God you'd expect with all this pulling & rolling someone would get laid or stoned :undwech:

ive done all that ive run out of steam lol brain cant take it anymore ....so ive took to modding instead and being a gimp with my car my ..my getting totally out of my skull days are nearly over well " nearly lol " pipe and slippers next lol

Just rip the liners out blazin. And its spelt

NATHAN

:motz:

ROFL

Blazin - Check out the "edge" on the rear bumper.
It has the same dimensions as the "edge" or lip on the wing.
Surely you'd need to pull the bumpers lip out too??