60,000 mile service 2.0tdi 140

si88

Reaction score
Hi

As above having my 60,000 mile service on my A3 2.0tdi 140 so having the timing belt done but the garage i go to have recommended having the water pump change at the same time.

Does anyone know if i need this doing at the same time??

thanks si88

i would get the water pump done aswell it doesnt cost that much extra i think there about £40 have to check tho, because to change a water pump i think all the timing belts have to be removed to access the pump.

I got the same advice for our Seat Leon Cupra & got it done.

Not that I know anything about engines but I was told that its usually recommended as it is easy to change & relatively cheap when they have taken the time to get to & do the cambelt.

YES, change it! I paid for a cambelt change without the waterpump, and 9 months later had to pay for the cambelt change AGAIN ....... WITH a water pump as it started making bad noises!

Might as well only pay once!

i thought they recommended it should be changed at 80,000 miles.

I seem to recall some conflicting information on the timing of this (can't remember who said what or even if Audi gave conflicting info). I also thought it was 80,000 miles and then is when i had mine changed!

I will be doing mine at 70K including the Water Pump, the official Audi recommended change is at 80K.

Paul