One more fecking squeak out of you and......

tobycruse

Reaction score
As many of you may know I have had an ongoing problem of a squeak in my car.

The squeak appeared at some point after having the H&R anti roll bars and K&W V3 coilovers fitted.

The squeak only appears when the car hits small but quick bumps. Anything that makes the suspension travel a lot and the squeak wont appear. Something like hitting a pot hole would make it appear. Sounds a bit like a loud mouse!

The confusing bit is that it only really happens when the car is cold or its a cold day. Anything above 14C and it disappears. It can be heard from inside and outside the car and seems to come from each wheel area.

I took the car to AmD and they lubricated all the bushes. The sound was still there!

Does anyone have any idea what it could be or what i should do? These last few cold mornings has made it resurface. Its really getting on my nerves!

Maybe take it back and ensure its greased up.... again...

If i wanted to go and get all the bushes replaced which ones should i get and where from? Arn't teflon coated ones ment to be good?

I,ve never had any trouble with powerflex bushes on my mk2 Golf, as long as you use the grease they supply..... (Which looks like copper slip)

Mate the bushes take a while to bed in fully & given they're new they will take fair few miles to be right, by all accounts it does sound like bushes given the temps & the fault analysis of the noises, bushes warm up/loosen up & the noise goes away, changing them is another option aswell, where did he grease them exactly, all around the external edge where the brackets go over is the norm, only way to grease them properly is to remove the brackets & do, but we're talking AMD here so they should of done this given they're far from stupid

definetly sounds like they need greasing with a good lubricant, just had to take my 335d in for similar treatment and it has cured it.

This is the problem with our modding tendancies it can make you paranoid that something untoward is happening when in reality just simple stuff.

It won't stop you thinking of the next upgrade though :)