Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    Lets make that kitten purr...

Status

How much does my alloy weigh?

Some of you may have seen my recent thread about a minor scratch to my osf alloy care of the GF.

Latest Mod - Care of the GF

Anyhow looks like Lepsons are the repairer of choice (thanks pdv40) but they do not offer a courier service so am thinking of arranging this myself.

To do so I'm going to need an approx weight of wheel + tyre for a quote. Anyone out there know this?

Thanks
    Ron
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Search :D

i found it out on one of edition's threads...

It was just over 20kg if i remember right.
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

5th Gear

Status
    Hi there.

I used interparcel.....i put in 15kg in for the wheel (no tyre).......

I thought they were really well priced. I used there before 9a.m next day service and it did what it said on the tin! Amazing service really as they collected 1.5hrs after me doing the form on-line.

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    Here is a suggestion on how you can answer your own question. Remove one of the alloys yourself and weigh the dam thing !
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by devonmikeyboy View Post
    Here is a suggestion on how you can answer your own question. Remove one of the alloys yourself and weigh the dam thing !
    I was at work when I posted this, in a office, in central London hence why I asked the question. Furthermore even if I wasn't sat at my desk at the time of asking I do not own or have access to a set of scales capable of weighing a wheel and tyre.

My question was a simple one asked purely in the hope that someone could help as I wanted to try and get a quote within my lunch hour.

I just don't know why you bothered wasting your time.
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.