S3 alloy choice 18" or 19"??

ferris

Reaction score
Have ordered a new S3 with the standard 18 inch S3 alloys which i quite like but wondered whether i should have gone for the 19 inch ones, although i didn't see them on the options list? Are they a special order?
Is it worth going for them ( i assume they are the RS4 alloys). They look great, any idea how much they cost?

im not sure they do a 19 inch off audi anyhow im sure someone will help you out but you may just have to get a set yourself like i did i just sold my originals and got 19s reps with tires ... everyone has said it looks a million times better

what colour car you got, cos from audi a set of 19s would probably be very pricey, if you do a search on here and serach for like 19inch alloys n see what people are running, also check out boydie ride, he has bbs ch alloys i think, they are pricey but built extremely well n look the dogs ********

The option for 19" is not available because the S3 only comes as standard with 18" wheels...

Any S3's out there with 19's did not come out the factory with them unless specifically order (ive seen some S3's with RS4 bucket seats!)

Any S3's out there with 19's did not come out the factory with them unless specifically order (ive seen some S3's with RS4 bucket seats!)

Woa, like this???

2007_Audi_S3_interior.jpg

You can't spec 19's on the S3.
There are only 3 options to choose from - Each in 18".

Just rang the dealer actually and he said they don't do the 19 inch ones. Also said the 19 inch ones give a worse 'ride' and don't feel right.(mind you he is bound to say that i suppose)

TBH Ive had 18s original on my car Ive now got 19s and can honestly say there little difference in ride , I don't know if its in my head but it does seem better on corners , maybe because the 19s are wider it seems to take corners better , it seemed to slide more on 18s and the ESP would kick in , the ride is slightly more harsh but once i change my s-line springs which are horrid it should be slightly better i hope....and they look much better and fill the arches mine are 8.5 wide et 45 so i defoe wont need any spacers its gone be tight i hope dpm pulls it off for me .......and before anyone say's ..what literally ... No hahahaha

I have to say I love Genuine RS4's but to me they look toooo big on an A3.

Sorry. Not sure about the 'lippy' on the brakes either.:shutup2:

There not genuine i dont think genuine rs4s would fit ...Aswell the lippy looks better than dull rusty grey with rusty hubs but each to there own ....

LOL Who would have thought it, pesky RS4 seats keep popping up everywhere, even in official Audi library pics!:arco:

bucket seats are a standard option on the S3

and they are the best option of them all :)

i thought they were an optional extra for like £1500??

yeah they are... what i mean is they are are on the standard optional extras list for the S3, they are not RS4 seats put into a S3

Now the Sprint Blue with 19ins looks OK, BUT why does 10blazin's look so bad in my opinion. Are Jamie Kips Genuine Audi wheels and 10blazins Chinese looky likes (nearly)

Man you dissing tha blazin squad??

I happen to agree though. BlazinSaddles wheels are totally wrong.

No it looks fine just needs lowering the wheels are nice wizbit i dont get your point

05042009278.jpg

Now the Sprint Blue with 19ins looks OK, BUT why does 10blazin's look so bad in my opinion. Are Jamie Kips Genuine Audi wheels and 10blazins Chinese looky likes (nearly)

thanks for that katie youde be right you got any pics so i can judge what your basing your opinions on,, mine justs need lowering which im doing on monday it will look much better then...

I hope they do Blazin. :thumbsup:

i dont understand why you saying they look so wrong though... They curve in alot there the closest thing ive seen to an rs4 wheel... I know the car dosent sit right and you can see the top of the tyres which is a bit poo but when lowered they will look fine

NAh... It's the wheels that look wrong, no need to lower.. get some better wheels ands back lights look silly in green..

Also... shouldnt Quattro bagde be on the right side not under the A3 badge... looks altogether a bit of an 'up'...:Flush:

thanks mate i think your right its a **** job and a **** car il take on board what you say and change it all ....thanks for your advice ,i see you have an a5 lovely car ...were thinking about gettin either a bmw or the s5 in white after this ....

Katie sounds like a troll, she/he only has 10 posts and most of them are slagging your car blazin, coincidence?

:rolleyes: I'm not sure if anyone on here would set up a new account just to annoy you blazin! Either way, chill, I like your wheels!

NAh... It's the wheels that look wrong, no need to lower.. get some better wheels ands back lights look silly in green..

Also... shouldnt Quattro bagde be on de right side not unter de A3 badge... looks altogether a bit of an 'up'...:Flush:

Blazin mate, its someone winding you up! don't bite!.... car looks awsome and wheels look good... must be a wind up, any of your mates don't you think?...

I thought they yesterday so im just ignoring them , i checked the profile no pics no where from ,On the second post on this page even the spelling and the way its worded is trying to take the pee out of my english to so i know its some geek, iIts a pity they hide behind a false account not much of a man if you ask me and katie katie don't hide behind a false account its such a nerd thing to do and very cowardly i mean if every geek that gets dissagreed with opens a false account becuse there hurt like a child it will ruin the site i have an idea who it could be ive narrowed it down to about 3 herds and all i can say is your a cowerd and a very very sad guy...lol i actually sat here laughing last night how sad it really is and how much of a cowerd you are such a geek thing to do to get me kicked off the site lol......

****** hell 10blazin wot time do u get up in the morning ha ha just noticed that last post time!, minds me of when my wee boy was a baby and i was on this thing at stupid o clock in the morning!

I think your car looks good mate, lowering it will just finish it off nicely!

At the end of the day everyone is entitled to their opinion and some people will like it and some wont but the most important thing is that you are happy with it, you have obviously spent a lot of time, effort and cash on it!

I think the wheels look out of place right now BUT I reckon lowering it may sort that out. How will you overcome rubbing though? They look to Stick out quite far.

I think the wheels look out of place right now BUT I reckon lowering it may sort that out. How will you overcome rubbing though? They look to Stick out quite far.

They do curve in a lot, but the height is what's throwing them out. Lowering will sort that though as you've said. Do you think they might rub when u lower it?? I'm still undecided whether the a/s3 suits 18 or 19's more. Some
People manage to pull off 19's really well. Safs orange a with the black CH's is one that sticks out.

They do curve in a lot, but the height is what's throwing them out. Lowering will sort that though as you've said. Do you think they might rub when u lower it?? I'm still undecided whether the a/s3 suits 18 or 19's more. Some
People manage to pull off 19's really well. Safs orange a with the black CH's is one that sticks out.

The baby wakes up at four for feeding lol so i have to get up to do the bottle ....And wizbit they do come out to the edge the wheels but the tires slope away cos i got 225s so it will be tight ive got the same springs as sav so will be the same height if there is to be rubbing il just have to do a bit of work on the arches ie get rid of the 2 clips at the top of each arch...And woohoo i do like my car the way it is and ive managed to only spend about 1200quid including the alloys and tires lights cupra spoiler and tints ive sprayed the grill and surround myself i never used to get compliments on the car i do now , and they always compliment on the wheels.. they look much better in the flesh believe me so i know it looks fine it just needs lowering but im a little woried because on the wheels offset etc itle work out though somehow lol.....

There was a girl who came on here over a year ago and started slagging off Madalex's S3 randomly. Someone recognised the username and did some research. It turned out to be a German guy from another forum who just came on to wind people up.

Although we've all had our disagreements on here I don't know of anyone who would set up another account just to **** you off mate.

EDIT: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!! I got a database error so I opened another tab to check if it had actually been posted anyway (had to keep doing that last week) it hadn't so I just pressed F5 over and over but checked every time! Good thing I gave up trying.

yeah i wont say the 2 name's of who i think who it is... i just cant be bothered, at the end of the day there entitled to there opinion but to slag everything about the car is someone being personal who looks bitter as hell who's took something personal from me having a joke or something ive never been personal to anyone to slag every bit of there car off so no big deal i dissagreed with privacy glass big deal to get a fake account to slag the hell out of someones car is just an online pshyco lol i doubt they would do it in person ...its just another geek with a problem it did bother me at first but i know my car looks good and complete once lowered with the osir skirts there opinion dosent count for ditto but thanks anyway ....

Katiekatie is viewing this now, WHO are you?? Can u post a pic too so I can see if your fit?!

And Staz, can you repeat that pls? Haha

Katiekatie is viewing this now, WHO are you?? Can u post a pic too so I can see if your fit?!

And Staz, can you repeat that pls? Haha

Sorry WizBit - didn't quite hear you either hahaha.

What is with all the double, double, double, double posting??? Glitch in the forum.

Anyway, Blazin, as most have said, the 19's look a bit out of place right now, simply due to the height the car is currently riding at. As soon as the springs are on I think it'll look way better! Fingers crossed you survive without any rubbing issues, but sounds like you've already sussed out what you'd need to do to resolve.

Just out of interest... what is going on with the rear lights in your sig... I'm guessing (hoping!!!) it's just a photoshop?

No i painted them green because katie said they would look better then said she didnt like them lol :banghead:.... Its just photobucket i was just messing with a pic ,I would do some good stuff with photoshop because i used to do graphic design but i cant get hold of a damn copy on disc when i download it it turns out to be all mumbo jumbo and i dont know how to wright that to disc, i think its bit torrent....But yeah i am bit worried about rubbing issues :scared2: it will be tight but if i dpm pulls it off will look nice definatly wont need spacers lol ...:undwech: