Why is there so many IDIOTS on a-s.net

Do you wanna fight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah sure...
It's worth a yellow card though.:rolleyes:

You mean I didn't get a yellow card yesterday? :yahoo:In that case I'll save the big fat woman picture for when I really need it :yes:

What i want to know is......do any of you lot actually do any work!! :)

Yep, loads! But when I'm at my desk I like to browse about 3 or 4 forums, and ebay :notme: Got to admit, wrong reasons or not, ASN has made me lol the most lately

The 'Black Edition' thread in here is one fine example...I know of 1 or 2 new users who are so disgusted with the way that thread went, that they won't be back.
So the idiots spoil it for everyone...nice.

Really dude? People have left for that? :think:
Toys and prams spring to mind.
GTF then, that's what I'd say

And surely they haven't spoiled it for "everyone" if only one or two are upset? I'm not upset!!

Think you could be wrong here. A bit unfair.

I remember seeing this argument thrashed out in another thread, and from what I can remember blazin gave reasons for his typing. Not that I think he should of had to.
And if those reasons are genuine, which i'm sure (and hope) they are, it must be really frustrating for him to have people saying "make more of an effort" etc etc.

I also feel the need to back up blazin here.
He's helped numerous peeps out in the past and is a great contributor to the forum.

I think it's a little pompous to give him beef over his lack of punctuation.

He's helped numerous peeps out in the past and is a great contributor to the forum.

And he is very funny at times!

I tend to stay away from the arguments/personal attacks on here - most seem pointless and just don't interest me tbh.

What I think we all need to remember is the reasons we are all on here and surely that's our cars and the love/hate relationships we have with them. It's the one thing we all have in common and so should respect each other accordingly.

For me reading about what mods you've gone for/planned and problems you've experienced and solved, that's what's interesting, not whether someone can spell or punctuate correctly. Admittedly I sometimes struggle with posts and the slang used but can usually work it out. So what if I have to re-read a post, surely it's no biggy is it?

Right! I've spent the last two days detailing my motor. Lovely pics to follow.

Really dude? People have left for that? :think:
Toys and prams spring to mind.
GTF then, that's what I'd say

...and saying GTF is EXACTLY the reason people are leaving...because some of the Children can't play nicely.
This Forum isn't the private playspace of a selfish few...it's a resource for ALL.

And people who act is ways that cause others to leave are likely to be dealt with.

And surely they haven't spoiled it for "everyone" if only one or two are upset? I'm not upset!!

I'm not sure if I should take this as a personal crusade to wind me up, or not?
I'd advise you don't follow that path...
All I/we the mods are doing is trying to make the place accessible for all...rather than giving idiots a nice place to wave their attitude about and insult others.

So in answer to you point...no not "everyone" is upset...but if some are and it's breaching the rules...then it's gone too far.

So we let it go for everyone?
And end up with a Chav-like Forum worthy of any spotty, baseball cap wearing Saxo/Corsa driver?
Er...no.

We ask nicely that people try to do their best with punctuation and spelling (*** 'Word' has a Spell Checker and it's not hard to 'cut & paste'), leave their attitude behind, don't swear and try to be polite?

Is THAT too much nowadays?

Seriously...it's looking like it is...

I'm not sure this thread is going anywhere now...
Should it be locked before we get 5 pages of the usual 'I don't agree' stuff and we go round in circles so many times we all get dizzy?

Jeez - You guys think this place is bad.
I'm a noob. Moved here from CTRO (civictype-r.co.uk)

ASN is like a very distinguished gentlemans club by comparison.

I totally agree with that haha

Now personally I really don't like the little padlock that signifies "game over", but in the case of circular threads I fully see why it would be necessary...plenty of lolzzz from this thread but it's not going anywhere, unless the evening posters have something to add?

I'm off home now, a lovely harmonious internet-free oasis...might start knocking the missus about :slapped:

joke :yes:

I'm not sure this thread is going anywhere now...
Should it be locked before we get 5 pages of the usual 'I don't agree' stuff and we go round in circles so many times we all get dizzy?

awe come on Glen, not yet - some of us are just getting home and might want our 2 cents worth :)

Fascinating this. My 2p:
An open forum is going to get a pretty average cross-section of society over a period of time.
I find that the percentage of knob-heads on here equates to the percentage of knob-heads I encounter in daily life. About 1 in 10. What can you do ? The moderators can ban individual knob-heads but the law of statistical averages means that they will never reduce the knob-head quota to zero. You have to learn to live with knob-heads. Like them even.
But they're still knob-heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.