For those with bucket seats

mac1403

Reaction score
Was just wondering if everyone who spec'd buckets in their s3 are happy with them. considering the premium you pay I don't personally think they are great. Mine have only done 1500 mile and they already look creased. Before anyone asks I am not a lardy ******* and I get in as carefully as possible...sort of takes the enjoyment out of the whole thing when you have to treat the seats like they are made of glass.

TBH, a lot of people are dissappointed with the quality of leather used on the whole 8P range, not just the bucket seats. I'm guessing the larger bolsters will cause more issues.

I did read that thread earlier. Seems a few people are not happy with the leather. If someone had re-trimmed my seats like that I would have re-trimmed his face with my fist. just on side note as to how bad Audi are. Today the car went in to have the rear spoiler replaced under warranty as the finish was flaking off. An hour sat listening to their snobby, **** head, obnoxious sales men trying to sell cars while mine was being done. Over comes the service woman and she tells me there is slight problem cause they have took the spoiler off but misplaced the replacement one. My reply was ' you have got to be kidding. Surely you don't take something off till you got the new one in your hand. You misplace something like a set of keys, not a ****** 4ft spoiler'

I have std S3 leather , the car has done 14K miles and it still looks good even after hauling 16stone in and out of the car for the last 10K.
The rear seats get used too and all is well there.

Much better than the hide in my Mk5 Gti thats for sure.

The buckets look ace but as I always intended to use the rear seats I didnt want restricted access and steered away from buckets.

cheers
Paul

I did read that thread earlier. Seems a few people are not happy with the leather. If someone had re-trimmed my seats like that I would have re-trimmed his face with my fist. just on side note as to how bad Audi are. Today the car went in to have the rear spoiler replaced under warranty as the finish was flaking off. An hour sat listening to their snobby, **** head, obnoxious sales men trying to sell cars while mine was being done. Over comes the service woman and she tells me there is slight problem cause they have took the spoiler off but misplaced the replacement one. My reply was ' you have got to be kidding. Surely you don't take something off till you got the new one in your hand. You misplace something like a set of keys, not a ****** 4ft spoiler'

Had this happen twice at VW.

It would appear some dealerships have not yet embraced the basic principles of inventry control.

Yes I'm happy with my buckets - I've done 13K now and the right lower bolster is showing light creases but nothing too serious in my mind - Yet !
Hardly use the rear so the access argument for me is of no concern.

Richard

Bucket seats looks the business, but are a real pain in the **** to look after, mine look ok, but i wipe them all the time, with baby wipes, this seems to be helping to keep the dreading creasing at bay.

i think its all to do with people ***** the wider they are you got problems with leather

Yes I'm happy with my buckets - I've done 13K now and the right lower bolster is showing light creases but nothing too serious in my mind - Yet !
Hardly use the rear so the access argument for me is of no concern.

Richard

I am not saying mine are really bad. And hopefully now they have found their position the creases will not get much worse. I am just a bit disappointed that they look the way they do after such a short time. I would have thought they would have still looked like new for a year or 2.

i think its all to do with people ***** the wider they are you got problems with leather

Yeh, know what you mean. I'm just an average joe.....12.5st .....32 waist etc etc.
225629_fat_guy_in_car.jpg

I think the main creasing is caused getting out the ****** things as you have to lean on the bolster a little

Bucket seats looks the business, but are a real pain in the **** to look after, mine look ok, but i wipe them all the time, with baby wipes, this seems to be helping to keep the dreading creasing at bay.

Will any brand do?

t_16611.jpg

I specced them in my S3 Sportback. I'm happy with tem, but have noticed the crease lines (after only 1200 miles). They're not bad though, just a natural crease inthe leather IMO.

I must admit though I'm the same - I make sure I dont catch the bolster getting in and out and sort of step over the bottom bolster and plonk my **** in.

I wouldnt have been any different if I hadnt specced them though so it makes no difference to me.

Plus with the addition of another 2 doors I dont need to worry about getting inand out of the back. :)

Ah they do seem to crease quickly - I know mine did and probably felt the same as you both do now, but they dont seem to have got any noticably worse.

Might try the baby wipes and see if they are better than the good old autogleam leather conditioner.

Richard

I have been using Raceglaze leather conditioner every month.....I think I am developing a compulsive seat conditioning disorder

I love mine.

Fat people dont seem to want to get into my car anymore, and neither to cheapskates who want to sit at the back for a free ride.

That being said, it is a little hard to get out of the car gracefully though, especially when the ladies are skirted with ultra-minis.

I love mine.

Fat people dont seem to want to get into my car anymore, and neither to cheapskates who want to sit at the back for a free ride.

That being said, it is a little hard to get out of the car gracefully though, especially when the ladies are skirted with ultra-minis.

:iagree: My mates hate the seats, but I tell them it's because they have a fat ***! They also hate the way the seats slide forward. None of this bothers me as they all get in the passengers side and if they want to get in the car then deal with it, or they have the option of walking!

My bolsters have slight creasing, but it's nothing I would consider bad, infact I think it looks normal for leather (car only has 4K on it). I've never cleaned the seats either but reading this makes me think, maybe I should..... :think:

and i though it was just me, i have the standard s line seats in my car, and the leather has creased up quite a lot, my car has only done 14k, the dealer said there is nothing that you can do

Can we have some pictures of the affected areas lads??

I'll post mine up after I collect it from the stealership.

The right lower bolster started to look shiny and creased after only a couple of months and it really bothered me. 10 months further on and that haven't changed so I don't mind now. A good clean with some leather wipes makes the whole seat look more shiney and I like it that way.

The right lower bolster started to look shiny and creased after only a couple of months and it really bothered me. 10 months further on and that haven't changed so I don't mind now. A good clean with some leather wipes makes the whole seat look more shiney and I like it that way.

I disagree, i prefer them looking dull, not shiny. Gives the appreance of being less worn imo :)

Pick my S3 up tomorrow no buckets so cant comment on the leather but have ordered some ultra protect and ultra maintain from Ltt leather care .co.uk after getting advice from them on the detailing world web site . They have been very helpful to many people on the site regarding problems with leather .

I've tried Megs and Autoglym and both have left the seats looking a bit shiny.

Tried leather wipes and they were so-so.

Mate told me to try this, and happy to say it does a pretty reasonable job and it's cheap for a change:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scotchgard(tm)-Protector-Cream-For-Leather-250ml_W0QQitemZ310133510655QQcmdZViewItem

41iPDJsodAL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Would never considered it without a recommendation, but be warned you want to leave a Neutradol in your car for an our or so after cleaning as it smells quite potent.

PS: I have 'value' seats with dimples.

J&J baby wipes, a fat pack for £2!!!

I got some "armour all - leather care wipes" free at a car show last year. Tried it the other week and it left residue all over the seats so had to wipe them down with a damp cloth. Ive now gone back to trusty J&J baby wipes. :)

I've tried Megs and Autoglym and both have left the seats looking a bit shiny.

Tried leather wipes and they were so-so.

Mate told me to try this, and happy to say it does a pretty reasonable job and it's cheap for a change:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scotchgard(tm)-Protector-Cream-For-Leather-250ml_W0QQitemZ310133510655QQcmdZViewItem

41iPDJsodAL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Would never considered it without a recommendation, but be warned you want to leave a Neutradol in your car for an our or so after cleaning as it smells quite potent.

PS: I have 'value' seats with dimples.

The best I have found is Raceglaze leather balm from Polished bliss. It keeps the seats exactly the same colour as they are standard with no shine, just a nice satin finish
rg3-l.jpg