170 Remap

APL TDi

Reaction score
Has anyone had a 2.0TDi 170 remapped?

If so what are the pros and cons? And what sort of power does it now make?

Ta

ChippedUk

20bhp 300lb ft torque

More power, no cons, no DPF issues

apl thats why our 140's rules:) ive just put milltek downpipe on and done dyno run - 192 bhp and 347 torque:)

Wow, good result mad luke. How much did the down pipe cost?

160 quid apl. devinately worth it. changed sound. and turbo spools quicker.

Res'd Millteks are £350 excluding fitting on P&P on ebay fella, is yours 2nd user or do you have contacts so to speak to have paid 160?

Very interested in that idea. Are you tempted to remap on top of that, surely you'd be looking at the 220bhp kinna' region?

Do you find your MPG has been slashed, or is it still as stable?

i believe my english is not clear enough or just missunderstanding. I said that i paid only for downpipe 160 quid. cat back box was 345 quid plus fitting for 30 pounds. ive fitted downpipe myslelf with a bit of mate's help. dont wanna remap until i will put hybrid turbo and uprated clutch, cus it will kill my car:) i got 100k on the clock. if i do it it will take me to aprox 240-250 bhp. if you wanna know detalis how, i recommend to speak to devonmikey. he knows how to make a3 tdi's flyes like a bullet. about mpg i found decrease in fuel i driven sensibly but it does not happen often:)) i drive on motorway a lot - with doing 65-75 mph i get between 47-53 mpg

Probably just my lack of understanding mate lol

Sounds awesome stuff. As long as everythings fresh and its regularly serviced, mileage shouldn't matter surely, especially on an A3 TDi?
What do you reckon the 0-60 and 30-100 is atm? Bet the to 60 is close to 7, and certainly will be below if you map it.

Thanks for the info.

All TDi's that I have driven suffer from the rubbishly short 1st gear, which always knackers the 0-60 performance.

i believe my english is not clear enough or just missunderstanding. I said that i paid only for downpipe 160 quid. cat back box was 345 quid plus fitting for 30 pounds. ive fitted downpipe myslelf with a bit of mate's help. dont wanna remap until i will put hybrid turbo and uprated clutch, cus it will kill my car:) i got 100k on the clock. if i do it it will take me to aprox 240-250 bhp. if you wanna know detalis how, i recommend to speak to devonmikey. he knows how to make a3 tdi's flyes like a bullet. about mpg i found decrease in fuel i driven sensibly but it does not happen often:)) i drive on motorway a lot - with doing 65-75 mph i get between 47-53 mpg

devonmikey sounds like quite an amazing guy! :)

sorry for being dumb, but can you just confirm the following?

a 140 bhp 2.0 tdi with only the exhaust changed from turbo back makes 192bhp & 347 lb/ft ??

i had a remap done.(estimated gains - 175-185) but i didn't do dyno run until i put catback. i will do another remap if i will put hybrid turbo and uprated clutch. sorry for confusion:). i haven't checked 0-60 and 30-100. not really interested. but i have say i love the torque in my car now. what i like to do now is see some people to do good checks on my car and advice what to do next.

it would sound like me a polish bustard is saying rubbish:)

sorry for being dumb, but can you just confirm the following?

a 140 bhp 2.0 tdi with only the exhaust changed from turbo back makes 192bhp & 347 lb/ft ??

Yes, it is really possible.

My mate has one 140bhp and last dyno says 194bhp, dont remember the torque.

My car (A3 170) has about 197 with DPF, without DPF i can do 211bhp and 260km/h. Sooner...