Mobile Phone Adapter/Cradle A3

markj218

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I bought a 57 plate audi a3 a few weeks back and have been let down by the salesman after finding out audi do not make the bracket for my mobile phone (This was already fitted and when told they would give me the bracket for free).

I have a Soney Ericson c902 with the charger on the side rather than the bottom of the handset.

I have tried to rake pages of ebay looking for something that might fit?

Two questions if anyone can help:

1. Are you able to get the brackets to fit the about bracket anywhere else? Imported?

2. Does anybody know how much it would cost for a new dash panel for an audi a3 1.9tdi sport (57 plate)

Hope you can help

Markj218

Not sure about the phone bracket but dash panel any where from 250 up to 425 depending on spec of dash panel.

Not sure about the phone bracket but dash panel any where from 250 up to 425 depending on spec of dash panel.
Jesus!!!! The bloomin slaesman has done me like a right kipper. Wish I had found this site befor I had bought!!!

Can't believe even fleabay couldn't help me get my hands on one....

Bluetooth......... no bracket required......?

i have the same problem .

i have the holder with no plate.

However, bluetooth is fitted so i can use the handsfree without fitting it to the dash

Looked at taking the bracket off the dash, but as soon as i saw the gash hole is the dash behind the bracket, so put the bracket straight back on and forgot about the whole thing!

So if you have Bluetooth, what does the phone bracket thing actually do? Asking because I leave my phone in the bit where the ashtray isn't, paired with the blue teeth, and everything works fine. Why have I got a big horrible thing sticking out of the dash also? :unsure:

I had a silmilar problem, phone adaptor plate for a sony ericsson phone, but I have a samsung one. Answer? E-Bay....£15.00 for a phone, just swap my sim when I get in.
regards
dave

.....what does the phone bracket thing actually do?

When the phone is connected via the bracket it takes its power from the car and so will also charge. Secondly, it uses the external aerial on the car for better reception. Sound quality tends to be better from a cradle fit also as there is no bluetooth connection.

There is a whole list of generation I and II cradles on the Audi website - but they take the pi$$ by charging £100 for one. Got mine of eBay.

Regards

Paul

Ah ok thanks for that:thumbsup:

So worth having as long as you don't pay a hundred pounds for it :uhm: if I find a cheapy for a nokia 6200 it's going in, BECAUSE I HATE STUFF THAT'S THERE AND DOESN'T DO ANYTHING *cough*

Ah ok thanks for that:thumbsup:

So worth having as long as you don't pay a hundred pounds for it :uhm: if I find a cheapy for a nokia 6200 it's going in, BECAUSE I HATE STUFF THAT'S THERE AND DOESN'T DO ANYTHING *cough*

i wondered that to about the thing on the dash im happy with the blue tooth but wish the thing on the dash wasnt there ....

It just bugs me that it's there and doesn't do anything :no: if I don't get a phone holder then I might just hang a teddy bear off it or something :whistle2:

When I ordered my car I wanted bluetooth but knew I wouldn't need the holder. My options were have the bracket on the dash and not use it (£385) or get the armrest with the bracket in it and not use either (£90 on top of the 385). I went for the second option as I didn't want a big useless bracket on the dash.

****** annoying to have to pay nearly £500 just to get bluetooth though.

At least they've changed the options now.

Cheers everyone, thought it might have just been me but sounds like a few others have the same prob.