A real car: The Audi A3 TDI clubsport quattro

G

gameboy2901

Intense TDI power: The Audi A3 TDI clubsport quattro

Audi, the inventor of TDI, blazes a trail in the field of engine manufacture. At the 27th annual Lake W�rther Tour being held at the end of May in the Austrian province of Carinthia, the brand behind the four rings is showcasing this technology's potential with a sensational study. The two-liter TDI unit under the bonnet of the Audi A3 TDI clubsport quattro delivers 165 kW (224 hp) and musters up 450 Nm (331.90 lb-ft) of torque – the sort of pulling power normally associated with a sports car. The show car races from 0 to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in just 6.6 seconds and attains a top speed of 240 km/h (149.13 mph).

The Audi A3 TDI clubsport quattro projects its power with supreme confidence – both acoustically courtesy of its sonorous exhaust and visually with a series of exclusive parts mounted on the body and in the interior. Exterior components such as the large DTM-look rear spoiler and the bolt-on wheel arch extensions give the car a dynamic air, while the racing bucket seats and open gear lever gate in aluminum form the highlights of the interior.

More pictures with the Audi A3 TDI Clubsport Quattro and a full article you can find here:

http://bestsupercars.com/cars/2008/2008_Audi_A3_TDI_Clubsport_Quattro.html

yeah ive seen pic of this diesel for ages but are we ever gona see..... it i prefer the rs3 then if thats what you saying it will **** on that a real mans car petrol powered

rs3-1.jpg

I'd like 224 h.p and 450 NM very much in my TDi...shame I can't have it because there would be DSG guts everywhere, apparently :beee:

Intense TDI power: The Audi A3 TDI clubsport quattro

Audi, the inventor of TDI, blazes a trail in the field of engine manufacture. At the 27th annual Lake W�rther Tour being held at the end of May in the Austrian province of Carinthia, the brand behind the four rings is showcasing this technology's potential with a sensational study. The two-liter TDI unit under the bonnet of the Audi A3 TDI clubsport quattro delivers 165 kW (224 hp) and musters up 450 Nm (331.90 lb-ft) of torque – the sort of pulling power normally associated with a sports car. The show car races from 0 to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in just 6.6 seconds and attains a top speed of 240 km/h (149.13 mph).

The Audi A3 TDI clubsport quattro projects its power with supreme confidence – both acoustically courtesy of its sonorous exhaust and visually with a series of exclusive parts mounted on the body and in the interior. Exterior components such as the large DTM-look rear spoiler and the bolt-on wheel arch extensions give the car a dynamic air, while the racing bucket seats and open gear lever gate in aluminum form the highlights of the interior.

More pictures with the Audi A3 TDI Clubsport Quattro and a full article you can find here:

http://bestsupercars.com/cars/2008/2008_Audi_A3_TDI_Clubsport_Quattro.html

Isn't this old news?

Extremely old.

I think it first appeared in the bible, but Jesus cut it out of his final draft.

Extremely old.

I think it first appeared in the bible, but Jesus cut it out of his final draft.

hahahahaha thats what i thought they found this on them walls in that prehistoric underground cave....

Just sounds like an R&D mule, bit of a PR exercise.

Its all very interesting but somewhat irrelevant if Joe public cant buy it.

And BMW have been putting 200bhp in the 123d for a while now.
Not `exactly pushing the envelope` IMO.

Cheers
Paul

"Audi R&D - criticized for missing the point" :

2798943418_bfc70386d3.jpg

224bhp and 331lb torque is easy. Just fit a hybrid turbo with any half *** remap plus panel filter and exhaust job done. People where making more power then that from a 1.9 8V PD130 engine for over 5 years now. My PD140 has been running 350 bhp and 490 lb torque for nearly 2.5 years now and aiming for 400bhp with the new engine rebuild.