JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    gameboy2901

A real car: The Audi A3 TDI clubsport quattro

Intense TDI power: The Audi A3 TDI clubsport quattro

Audi, the inventor of TDI, blazes a trail in the field of engine manufacture. At the 27th annual Lake W�rther Tour being held at the end of May in the Austrian province of Carinthia, the brand behind the four rings is showcasing this technology's potential with a sensational study. The two-liter TDI unit under the bonnet of the Audi A3 TDI clubsport quattro delivers 165 kW (224 hp) and musters up 450 Nm (331.90 lb-ft) of torque – the sort of pulling power normally associated with a sports car. The show car races from 0 to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in just 6.6 seconds and attains a top speed of 240 km/h (149.13 mph).

The Audi A3 TDI clubsport quattro projects its power with supreme confidence – both acoustically courtesy of its sonorous exhaust and visually with a series of exclusive parts mounted on the body and in the interior. Exterior components such as the large DTM-look rear spoiler and the bolt-on wheel arch extensions give the car a dynamic air, while the racing bucket seats and open gear lever gate in aluminum form the highlights of the interior.

More pictures with the Audi A3 TDI Clubsport Quattro and a full article you can find here:

http://bestsupercars.com/cars/2008/2...t_Quattro.html

2. # ADS
    ADS

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    yeah ive seen pic of this diesel for ages but are we ever gona see..... it i prefer the rs3 then if thats what you saying it will piss on that a real mans car petrol powered

Last edited by 10blazin; 22nd April 2009 at 13:12.

automatic

Status
    I'd like 224 h.p and 450 NM very much in my TDi...shame I can't have it because there would be DSG guts everywhere, apparently
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gameboy2901 View Post
    Intense TDI power: The Audi A3 TDI clubsport quattro

Audi, the inventor of TDI, blazes a trail in the field of engine manufacture. At the 27th annual Lake W�rther Tour being held at the end of May in the Austrian province of Carinthia, the brand behind the four rings is showcasing this technology's potential with a sensational study. The two-liter TDI unit under the bonnet of the Audi A3 TDI clubsport quattro delivers 165 kW (224 hp) and musters up 450 Nm (331.90 lb-ft) of torque – the sort of pulling power normally associated with a sports car. The show car races from 0 to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in just 6.6 seconds and attains a top speed of 240 km/h (149.13 mph).

The Audi A3 TDI clubsport quattro projects its power with supreme confidence – both acoustically courtesy of its sonorous exhaust and visually with a series of exclusive parts mounted on the body and in the interior. Exterior components such as the large DTM-look rear spoiler and the bolt-on wheel arch extensions give the car a dynamic air, while the racing bucket seats and open gear lever gate in aluminum form the highlights of the interior.

More pictures with the Audi A3 TDI Clubsport Quattro and a full article you can find here:

http://bestsupercars.com/cars/2008/2...t_Quattro.html
    Isn't this old news?

2nd Gear

Status
    Extremely old.

I think it first appeared in the bible, but Jesus cut it out of his final draft.

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WiZBiT View Post
    Extremely old.

I think it first appeared in the bible, but Jesus cut it out of his final draft.

hahahahaha thats what i thought they found this on them walls in that prehistoric underground cave....

S3 (8P)

Status
    Just sounds like an R&D mule, bit of a PR exercise.

Its all very interesting but somewhat irrelevant if Joe public cant buy it.

And BMW have been putting 200bhp in the 123d for a while now.
    Not `exactly pushing the envelope` IMO.

Cheers
    Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

2nd Gear

Status
    "Audi R&D - criticized for missing the point" :

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    224bhp and 331lb torque is easy. Just fit a hybrid turbo with any half ass remap plus panel filter and exhaust job done. People where making more power then that from a 1.9 8V PD130 engine for over 5 years now. My PD140 has been running 350 bhp and 490 lb torque for nearly 2.5 years now and aiming for 400bhp with the new engine rebuild.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

gameboy2901

A real video with Audi A3