19" S3 Alloys on.

woohoo

Reaction score
Finally picked car up today and put the 19" S3 wheels on, i think it sits too high so either have to lower it now which i,m not keen to do, or sell the wheels and go back to 18" s line alloys! honest opinions please good and bad to help me decide!

Before
DSC01198.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

After
DSC01200.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

DSC01201.jpg

looks good, but definitely needs some lowering. sell the s-line wheels and buy some coils :salute:

keep the 19s and lower it - i really dislike those s-line wheels, the S3s will look really good when lowered

Would the 19's rub on the S-line? due to the sline being slightly lower? I'm in two minds now to go to 19"'s on mine!. Looks good!

Shouldnt rub on s line springs think theres only 10mm a difference!

would prob look good lowered right enough but the i start worrying about warranty/insurance etc! plus if i sopend any more money the wifes gonna kill me! even though its her car!

Looks good! Would defo drop it a bit tho:thumbsup:

Would the 19's rub on the S-line? due to the sline being slightly lower? I'm in two minds now to go to 19"'s on mine!. Looks good!

no 19s go on fine im lowering my sline to h&rs springs on the 27th slines suspension is fine for 19 inch with 225 tires with a full car .....
heres a pic of 19s on sline springs.... you see plenti of room hastie
05042009278.jpg

on the a3 below id black your tires it will be less noticable and maybe id lower it on springs eibach or h&rs like i am then it will be fine coils are an option if you want the tires up the arches if you want them just nice then go for springs

think that you shouldn't have any problems with warranty. i think that the 19" wheels look great and even with the s-lines i think there is still too much gap. but in the end it's your car..

you can get it lowered for cheep on springs and with the tires blacked they will suit the car it dosent blend at the mo cos the tires look grey..... it will look much better tired blacked on springs you can get it lowered for 300 labour included

get it on eibachs it will look good mate ...the drop will make a big difference

DSC01213.jpg

Even just upgrading the springs will give you the look, a reasonable quality ride and will make those wheel tuck up in the arches waaaaaaaaay better

mate that is screaming out to be lowered, i am not a big fan of 2009 alloys s3 one's i really dont know why i just dont think they do the car any justice

Love the wheels!! I think its makes the car look that much more aggressive! I assume these are Reps as Audi dont make them in 19's?? Where did you get them and what brand?

Yeah i think i defo need to lower it if i,m keeping the wheels, probably the lower of the 2 eibach kits as dont think mm will be enough!

Funny one this... You can never judge if a car definitely needs lowering on 19's until they're actually on the car. Personally i think those wheels will look great of you lower the car say 25-30mm.
Can i ask... Do you do a lot of miles? If so i'd think twice. It's definitely not recommended having a big drop in suspension on standard shocks/dampers.
I've just put some 19" BBS CK's on and to be fair it gets away with it without looking too high. It's all to do with rim width, offset and wheel design. If they stick out too far it looks like a monster truck. There's a lot of metal in those wheels too so they look BIG anyway!

Get it sensibly lowered but not too much or you'll ruin the car mate.

Thanks PNH80, yours doesnt seem to sit as high as mine and gets away with it better, maybe the 30mm eibachs would be the better choice but as this is a sport model think this would only lower by 10-20mm, would hate to go through the expense of this and it not looking too much different! on the other hand not really wanting to lower the car at all and may just downsize to 18" or bite the bullet and go for 30mm, annual mileage only circa 8k per annum!

woohoo, sell the wheels to me adn go back to 18" :)

After much deliberation i have decided i dont want to lower the car and am gonna swap them for 18" S3 alloys which i think will carry the ride height much better! they do look awesome and they suit the car really well but really dont want the expense of lowering it! maybe if it was in s line or s3 guise would sit a lot better on their suspension as is lower than the sports! thanks for comments!

SO.. how much for the 19" wheels?

Those pics look better than the last ones! A wee bit lower and thay'd be cracking, they prob b ok on the sline suspension, have you priced lowering?

Parking it on a verge isnt really hiding the massive ride height dude. :lmfao:

Not gonna lower it sleeves gonna trade the wheels for 18" ones or sell!

Wasnt trying to make it look lower wizbit just thought i would take a couple more pics with the badging on it why the car was out of the garage as the wifes sis was parked in the driveway! see how it looks though like i could be doin that though! lol

jus lower it a bit mate - wont make tha much of a diff and cost around £300-£400 fitted with parts

EDIT: I think the 19s look awesome as they are but with a bit of a drop, theyll look even better.

stick with the 19s IMO

i got my h&rs on at dpm today he's a sound guy to got a lovely black s5.... im happy with em the car looks better now just got to wait till they settle ...glad i got rid of my sline suspention h&rs do seem more comfy less harsh....it was a killa driving to newcastle and back :scared2: i tell ya i had 2 hours sleep because of the baby got up at 5 drove there handed my car over went to cinema chilled for a bit then drove home got home at 630 it was a long day as soon as i got in jumped on asn what a freeeek lol

let em settle first then il post pics ..... the back looks low but the front theres a little gap il post in a week ....

heres some pics woohoo sorry about the qaulity they were from my phone

this is before lowering and 18"

Photo0618.jpg

this is after with 19" they have to settle a bit more i think but looks better theres no rubbing and i dont think i need spacers well 10 mill on the back the front is perfect...
il post somemore when they settle now i got to save for the osir skirts...

27042009315-1.jpg

27042009318-1.jpg

Much better Blazin - will only get better as it settles.
You happy then?

Yeah it sits so much better just got to get the osir skirts now... and mudflaps maybe ...But yeah dpm great service and very quick work had a good day ... The springs are better than s lines for sure i noticed straight away driving home. I might get some 10mm spacers on the back but the fronts line up perfect...

Yep can't fault Damian - top bloke.

Mudflaps - are you mad??? ;)

I think they look pretty good on boydies , And it will kinda fatten the car up with the skirts im still unsure il photoshop it as soon as the nice fello hastie sends me a copy of photoshop he's promiced me....:o.k: