AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

2.0 TFSi Quattro MPG

Hi all,

Bought myself a 55 plate 3 dr 2.OT Quattro S line recently and was wondering what sort of economy figures other owners are getting? It's unmodified.

I know if I wanted a parsimonious a3 I should gone for the derv one, but it seems that my new car has the same economy, if not worse, as my old 8L S3 (225 bhp). I thought teh TFSi was more modern and efficent than the old 1.8T.

After 5 weeks of ownership, about 1300 miles or so, and driving on motorways and town driving, my average is 26.8 mpg, which I think isn't too clever. Admittedly I haven't done a really long average speed (1 hr+) run yet. My mway drive is about 25 mins or so.

My S3 was returning about 28 mpg overall. In fact I've driven less hard in the current car than the S3, so am baffled.

As it's from an Audi stealer, it's under warranty so if it transpires I have an abnormally thirsty 2.0 T quattro - they can sort it out!

Cheers
    Last edited by Busby; 20th April 2009 at 19:29. Reason: added detail

2. # ADS
    ADS

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    mines the same if not worse lol but i do kill it....

6th Gear

Status
    I get an average of 28mpg when driving normally, low 20's when giving it some death and on a light footed drive i can see 36mpg.

oh mines remapped as well.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Mines a new dsg and I'm only getting averaging about 27.5mpg too. It's remapped but it really hasn't changed much at all since I've had that done.

4th Gear

Status
    They arent that economical(or mine wasnt anyway) even on a run as the gearing is too short really especially 6th which could have been a good cruising gear. The wife and I used to get about 25mpg around town and never more than 32mpg on a run(although i do cruise pretty quickly).
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    dandle used to own my car so he,s answered the question lol

Neutral

Status
    My 55 plate, the same as yours but remapped is doing about 26.5 as an average, best I can get is about 30mpg on a long motorway run.

5th Gear

Status
    I thought the 2.0TFSI would return something more in the region of 30-36mpg =/
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

1st Gear

Status
    I get about 27 normally - can get 30-odd on the motorway on a cruise, but as noted the gearing is too short for decent economy. I don't know why the engine has loads of torque, they could have geared it longer and not had any problems.
    A3 2.0TFSI S-Line quattro, Dolphin Grey; S3 S-Tronic Estoril Blue on order

Neutral

Status
    That's about right. Interestingly the old A4 with the same engine was higher geared and 10-15% more economical.

Neutral

Status
    I have my 07 plate 2.0 T FSI Quattro for almost 2 years and I get 22 MPG.

My driving is almost all in London though.
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro Sport

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by emzino View Post
    I thought the 2.0TFSI would return something more in the region of 30-36mpg =/
    2 wheel drive one will, not the quattro though. These figures reflect pretty much what I used to get from mine, not so bad considering you have 200 ponies under your right foot and the grip of 4 wheel drive.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks guys. It seems my MPG ain't so bad after all. On my Mway drive to work and back today I managed to return 31 MPG, driving at the legal limit (which I do all the time, of course). My overall MPG since buying the car is now 27 MPG (on the 2nd DIS memory) So I guess it's just a question of how heavy my right foot is (and it is usually pretty heavy)! Maybe I won't be seeing that sort of figures all the time. Perhaps a visit to the chippy may help things? Must confess I miss the 25 extra horses from the S3!

Cheers

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    Recently i've been doing a lot of town driving and i won't lie.... I've stopped checking the mpg. I've just accepted it is what it is!

The economy is appauling around town BUT on motorway journeys and generally open roads it's brilliant.
    I guess the fact of the matter is that a 200bhp 4WD turbo'd car was never intended to be a penny pinching town car but on open roads i find it very pocket friendly indeed (maybe because the quattro isn't engaging and disengaging so often as it is under acceleration?)
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PNH80 View Post
    (maybe because the quattro isn't engaging and disengaging so often as it is under acceleration?)
    It only disengages when braking really, when cruising its still enaged. Even if it is disengaged its still causing drag as you have the extra weight and your still turning 4 driveshafts and two diffs.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

3rd Gear

Status
    I also was quite suprised how poor mine is round town,driving to work etc struggle to get in the low 20's have done a couple of decent runs non motorway though and got to high 20's but as someone said its what you have to expect been quattro,wouldnt mind doing the k04 conversion for the extra grunt but the flipside is i use the car for everyday use how quick do you want to be entering the car in fronts rear end in traffic