HPFP Autotech for S3 - Group buy feeler

warren_S5

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just put my deposit down on an KMD HPFP with JBS in Chesterfield.

If 4 more people are interested we can get a price of

£220 + VAT for the pump supply only,

or

£310.50 fully fitted and tested (inc VAT).

I am one of the 5+ buyers with a £50 deposit paid by debit card (Credit cards attract 3% premium).

Let me know if you are interested and I'll arrange the group buy with Nino. If you add your names to this thread if you are interested once we get to 5 people I can sort the deal, or feel free to call him yourself on the Audisport.net group buy and mention my name and that you'd like to be added to the price save HPFP group buy.

If you wanted a Catback Milltek with this they can offer a juicy deal as part of the package (about the best I've seen to date - resonated or otherwise).

Any questions let me know.

Just ensure you get the right information before buying, I was told at the last minute that the pump was a KMD item not autotech. What I have read there are far fewer of these pump on the market even though cheaper.

Anyone got a KMD item to comment on the quality ?

I've dropped my expectations from the APR at £700 to this as I won't have the car for long enough to expend £700 odd on a fuel pump. I just don't see it offers enough VFM. However the Autotech units are working OK in Revo's Leon Cupra, Audi TT-S, and 2 track cars so that is good enough for me. I think this is a pretty good price.

Any more for any more. ****** the clutch argument too, just gives you an opportunity to put a decent Sachs clutch / flywheel in later. If you're in standard spec the clutch WILL go eventually, and probably sooner than you think.

Whiteatom: Did you hear this from JBS? When I said about it being Autotech they didn't infer otherwise.

I've dropped my expectations from the APR at £700 to this as I won't have the car for long enough to expend £700 odd on a fuel pump. I just don't see it offers enough VFM. However the Autotech units are working OK in Revo's Leon Cupra, Audi TT-S, and 2 track cars so that is good enough for me. I think this is a pretty good price.

For anyone having doubts over this excellent Group Buy ....

The only advantage APR has over Autotech is that it is tested in the factory so if it is faulty your car is not affected. Autotech is fitted to your car and the first time you start it up that is the test. If it doesn't break that first time then it is just as likely to break afterwards as the APR or OEM pump - i.e. not at all.

Try a Google search to see if you can find anyone who has had a recent Autotech failure - you won't find one. Its a forum myth. I've had my Autotech on my car for over 2,000 miles now and its perfection - and for a third of the APR price.

As for the clutch - once you have a Sachs you will realise that the OEM clutch is the weakest, sloppiest piece of blancmange ever engineered. If I had to go back to an OEM clutch I'd sell the car. Honestly. The Sachs is truly transformational in terms of "feel" and how it puts power down.

So if your Autotech and Stage 2+ map shreds your clutch - REJOICE !

P.S. If you struggle to find Autotechs in stock I know Shaun at AmD has some .....

Is there no other way to test the pump before installing it?? :detective2:

It's not a pump you are buying, it is uprated internals. Cam lobe and a few other trickeries. Leaves your pump looking totally OE.

Is there no other way to test the pump before installing it?? :detective2:

Why would you want to ?
Would you test a new exhaust before installing it ? Or a new tyre ? Or a remap ?

I've had the Autotech internals fitted since last year April with my car on 15000kms. My car is now about 400kms short of 30000kms with not a days hassle. Fitting Autotech internals will NOT kill your clutch....

So if your Autotech and Stage 2+ map shreds your clutch - REJOICE !

P.S. If you struggle to find Autotechs in stock I know Shaun at AmD has some .....

I gave AMD a call and was told out of stock but expecting a delivery in May ?!?

Like your comments though, I've gone full circle since the track day and am now prepared to go for the works on my car, HPFP, Full exhaust etc.. and even a clutch if required further down the line :)

I gave AMD a call and was told out of stock but expecting a delivery in May ?!?

Like your comments though, I've gone full circle since the track day and am now prepared to go for the works on my car, HPFP, Full exhaust etc.. and even a clutch if required further down the line :)

Jesus - he had 20 in stock when I got mine done in March. They are flying off the shelf !
Just shows how good these mods are. Truly transformational.

Are you guys trying to make me spend my money? lol
I am so, so temped, but I don't want to upgrade my clutch.

what do the mods actually achieve ... sorry ive no clue on cars and would they work on a 2.0tfsi

Removes the lull / dip in mid range acceleration due to the fuel cut issues (as the OE pumps can't deliver enough fuel on mapped cars).

The headline BHP figures won't change dramatically, but those who have HPFP see much more urgency in the mid range, and sustained power rather than a dip when the pump runs low on fuel.

I find the standard pump can make the car feel a bit lazy and slow to respond at times, but there is something else I need to check which may be contributing which is on the car already.

Are you guys trying to make me spend my money? lol
I am so, so temped, but I don't want to upgrade my clutch.

That is a long term inevitability whatever your state of tune. Unlikely to make much difference on this IMO.

Apparently the HPFP improves fuel flow at all levels which gives a flatter more consistent power delivery throughout the rev range, very noticeable accelarating out of corners due to improved torque curve.

i got mine done 3 weeks ago guys dont worry about your clutch, you wont feel that much of a difference, it is def stronger in all the gears but i cant see it making a lot of difference to bhp figures, go for it this is a cracking deal wish it had been on 3 weeks ago 1 just my luck lol:scared2:

Thank god for Whiteatom, so a BIG thanks to him.

I've just had a response from JBS that this pump internal group buy is based on the KMD system and not the Autotech which I had originally phoned up for.

I know nothing about the KMD pump, and supposedly they are not TUV approved.

Whilst I couldn't justify the APR pump, I am dubious as to whether I want the KMD unit as I don't have any real history on it. I have asked Mike to provide me with more info.

I am very sorry to those who have responded earlier, seems anything that sounds too good to be true usually is. Whilst there was no mention of branding as such on yesterdays phone call, as I had originally placed a call for interest in the Autotech I had assumed it was for this pump kit.

Anyone got any thoughts or comments?

Never heard of the KMD pump. So at this moment in time I wouldn't even touch it with yours.......

Anyone got any thoughts or comments?

Contact Carl at Revo - he may have some or may be able to source some.
Otherwise wait for AmD's May delivery on Autotech. They are tried and tested by loads of us without problems - like you I know nothing of KMD.

Can they not give us a group buy price for the autotech pump?

Did think it was a good price and to good to be true but worth a try.

Warren are u going to go for the KMD one or are you staying clear?

Can they not give us a group buy price for the autotech pump?

Did think it was a good price and to good to be true but worth a try.

Warren are u going to go for the KMD one or are you staying clear?

Tempted TBH. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It looks like a replica and it has just been reworked so have to assume it is now better than V.1.0

Even the APR fuel pumps carry a warning of increased wear / stress.

Can anything be worse than the OE one which is just as damaging when under delivering fuel and throwing 'lean bank' codes?

Yes JBS said that they cannot get hold of the autotech pumps but this is what I wanted a price on. KMD looks to me like a cheaper version of the autotech unit but for the small price difference , I would not buy it

That is correct,the Autotech HPFP became increasingly difficult to get hold of.

We looked into a number of different suppliers and we have settled on the supply of the KMD pumps.

The KMD pump uses the same design principle as the Autotech and APR fuel pump without the excessive cost behind it.

Leigh

BUMP

Any more info on these pumps??

Warren did you go ahead and get one or what have you decided to do?

And what was the price of the miltek exhaust?

Personally I would hang on for Autotech unless either the pricing on the KMD is more aggressive to make it more appealing or the product is tested and approved perhaps by JBS with a money back guarantee.

I know Statller of Sheffield was offered the same brand but gave it the elbow, that good enough for me.

I still lean towards the autotech regardless, these should be available anytime soon, fingers crossed.

BUMP

Any more info on these pumps??

Warren did you go ahead and get one or what have you decided to do?

We are currently awaiting delivery of the pumps from KMD

I do believe Warren is still on the list for the KMD pump to be fitted

Leigh

And what was the price of the miltek exhaust?

The Milltek Turbo-back exhaust is £1068.99 inc VAT
Fitting would be £115 inc VAT

Leigh

Personally I would hang on for Autotech unless either the pricing on the KMD is more aggressive to make it more appealing or the product is tested and approved perhaps by JBS with a money back guarantee.

I know Statller of Sheffield was offered the same brand but gave it the elbow, that good enough for me.

I still lean towards the autotech regardless, these should be available anytime soon, fingers crossed.

The price of the KMD pump is 35% cheaper than the Autotech on the RRP.

The Autotech product doesnt come with any testing other than the initial start up as we dont have the facilities to pre-build and test the pumps,this is the same principle for the KMD pumps we are supplying.Of all the Autotech pumps we supplied and fitted not 1 has come back to us with issues and we are confident that the KMD pumps will be the same.

The Autotech pumps are still a number of weeks from being available in the US so id say mid/end of May in the UK

Leigh

Fair enough and thanks for the response.

Hopefuly once some members have had the KMD pump fitted they can review and this will at least give us an alternative at a competitive price mark.

I really dont know what to do lol, i hate this!!

JBS will you be geting autotech pumps back in when they are available or are you only going to sell the KMD's now?

Fair enough and thanks for the response.

Hopefuly once some members have had the KMD pump fitted they can review and this will at least give us an alternative at a competitive price mark.

Not a problem

Thats what we are after,customer feedback is great for ourselves and also the manufacturer so we can push the product onto the UK market with great gains and reliabilty without the excessive cost

Leigh

I really dont know what to do lol, i hate this!!

JBS will you be geting autotech pumps back in when they are available or are you only going to sell the KMD's now?

You know you want to buy 1 :whistle2:

The purchase of the Autotech pumps is dependant on there stock and availabilty and also the success of the KMD pumps,we will keep you updated either way

Leigh

I'd try a KMD pump i think? do you have to have the internals fitted yourself? is it a big job?