AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

This may be the most stupid of questions!!!!!

But My interior glass is filthy and I cannot seem to get it streak or smudge free.....

What is the best way to clean the interior glass especially the windscreen so when the sun hits it it isn't cloudy or watermarked or streaky.....
    Nick

July 08 - A3 Sportback SE 2.0 TDI 140 S-Tronic - Deep Sea Blue - Ipod - Aluminium inserts - TomTom Proclip mount - THB Bury Car Kit - DIS

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    It depends how bad it is mate...

I used to do about a thousand miles a week,and found the biggest problem was traffic fumes/film which was constantly being suked in and blown on the windows. That stuff is quite greasy,so normal cleaners just move it around.
    Try a damp sponge with a good detergent solution,keep it well rinsed,and that should get it pretty clean to start with. Then use something like Autoglyms Fast Glass,or even better,Stoners Invisible Glass. 3 passes with fresh cloth/towel is usually enough to get it spotless(the sqeak test) A decent microfibre or loads of kitchen towel should buff it up nice and clean.

The most important thing is not to do it in the sun,and once you've got it squeaky,keep on top of it once a week!

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

1st Gear

Status
    Meguiars Glass Cleaner

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/S...?ProductId=322

use a 3m microfibre cloth to apply and buff... Always works a treat for me!

3rd Gear

Status
    what i do ise use normal glass cleaner, when it dries, rub with a dry clothes to remove the smears!

1st Gear

Status
    I am doing 900 miles per week and it is covered in crap on the inside.... Think I will try the washing with water and fairy liquid then glass polish of some description.... Got to say I don't get on with the autoglym stuff.... so I will try one of the others.
    Nick

July 08 - A3 Sportback SE 2.0 TDI 140 S-Tronic - Deep Sea Blue - Ipod - Aluminium inserts - TomTom Proclip mount - THB Bury Car Kit - DIS

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    if you wana clean em for nothing redhot water mixed with some vineger scrub with sponge then dry the excess of with towel then crunch in to a ball some old news paper and scrub the hole window it will come out like you dont have a window in the car its an old wives trick ....and it does work

waiting, waiting, waiting

Status
    Auto Glym Glass Polish works a treat.
    AUSmotive.com | AUSringers.com

Currently: 2004 MINI Cooper S & 2006 Mk5 Golf GTI
    Ordered 28 March: 2009 Audi S3 / Ibis White / RNS-E / Sunroof / FBMFSW / Heated Seats / Blackout Grille / Week 19 build / ETA July

waiting, waiting, waiting

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post
    if you wana clean em for nothing redhot water mixed with some vineger scrub with sponge then dry the excess of with towel then crunch in to a ball some old news paper and scrub the hole window it will come out like you dont have a window in the car its an old wives trick ....and it does work
    Hot water and metho with a cotton cloth/towel is very good on glass too, although I've never tried on a car for some reason, haha.
    AUSmotive.com | AUSringers.com

Currently: 2004 MINI Cooper S & 2006 Mk5 Golf GTI
    Ordered 28 March: 2009 Audi S3 / Ibis White / RNS-E / Sunroof / FBMFSW / Heated Seats / Blackout Grille / Week 19 build / ETA July

Rear Ender

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post

This is the best and cheapest by far, my mum told me this a few years back and worked a treat since. Its the newspaper that does it.....