New Style RS6 on S3 but what tyres size?

silverlogic

S3RVA
Reaction score
Ok folkes after much deliberation over 19s to go on my S3 I've jumped in and done it. It was between MTMs, Kahn RSVs and cant remember the other cos ive just had a stella :meeting: Anyway the Kahns i wasnt convinced were the right size as head office in yorks kept saying they were made specifically for the s3 which i thought was bolx, the MTMs are too heavy and dont stay round very long and as they are all after market wheels the quality could be questionable (without wanting to start a debate on that :aggressive:)

Sooo 2009 OEM Audi RS6Design 19x8.5J ET48 it is. Ordered 3 days ago with a 7 day lead from .de

My question is though; would I go with a 225 35 19 or a 235 35 19?

Not too sure which tyres but tempted by the Avon ZZ3s as i have em on my fronts on the standard 18s and theyre top notch and have lasted as long as my Michelin Sport Pilot 2s, imo they are as good performance-wise and theyre british :salute:. 90quid a pop too for the 225s.

Comments welcome and yes i'm looking at dropping it next. I've just been told by Autograph Cars today that Eibach dont do springs for the S3 and it would most likely be H&Rs? Any opinions here??

Will be ordering everything this week hopefully and will post pics up asap once its all on (prob next sat). Not 100% Ive made the right choice with the wheels as ive not seen another s3 with them on. Decision took balls doing it blind at £2k for the rims - just hope the gamble pays off:thumbsup:

cheers
SL

id go with 225 tires ..... they strech a little but you will have less rubbing issues,,,, i just got some 19s im getting h&rs on the 27th my offset is 45 so its gona be tight. i went with falcon 452s there made by dunlop at 90 quid a tire im really impressed buy em the grip is great ..... heres a pic of my wheels there 8.5 wide though but the tyre wall kinda slopes away iff you know what i mean so should be no rubbing hopefully lol.....

29032009274.jpg

no thats it fella go with 225s although you better watch them kirbs as you have no protection if you scrape a kirb your alloys will be need for a refurb lol

yeah don safs are 8 inch wide though mine and this kid getting the rs6s are 8.5 wide so you have a slighly streched look and the fit will be tight im getting the same springs as sav on the 27th maybe wait till then and il post pics but the fit will be tight but if it works will look goooood.....

Good point blazin - Didn't notice they were 8.5 wide.
Those H&R springs for the S3 must be different to the one's for s-line tho.

They quote -25mm from S3 ride height, which is like -50mm from std SE.
I think the one's your getting are the -35mm from std SE aint they?

I'm sure damian @DPM can clairfy....

no there the same springs but your right 35 mm drop for sline and 25mm drop for the s3 theres only one set of springs for qauttro from h&r i had all this out with damien allready lol so mine will look the same as s3savs so im happy with that just gona be a tighter fit ive got my fingures crossed.....

are you takin the ****:banghead: ...... joke:lmfao:... no mate 225/35/19 is correct if you want to lower the car on h&rs

235/35 on 19's is fine with the H&R springs.
A touch of rubbing on the rear arch, but you can remove a screw and that cures it with no issues.

Here's mine on RS4's ;)

06122008043.jpg

06122008042.jpg

06122008044.jpg

jamie how wide are your wheels 8 or 8.5 and whats your offset mate

oh so your the same as the guy asking the question so he could get 235s mine are 45 offset so i had to get 225s i was telling himm 225s just to be on the safe side ... but if yours are the same offset and with then yeah he can use 235s then

This shot shows off how they sit in the arch pretty well...

DSC_1033.jpg

yeah they do sit perfect...whats all the audis was it a meet or something

lol, such a cool pic aswell, 4-5 S3's in row

Side note, poxy rear arb is giving me hell, knocking all time, back to drawing board & maybe HR replacements

That's a pain..... any clue as to why?
Can't fault the H&R's, so maybe a wise move

Well I've got the full design spec pdf's down to the mm's & angle degrees from eibach so need to get my tape out to check made to spec, but seems to be knocking on lower arm cause has marks, needs removing & replacing but dilemma is HR takes a week & old ones gone, lol, typical, bar is right on the arm, cant believe they didnt see that & also the stopper points left & right of bushes have gap so think its slid all way over to one side & is why knocking cause was even gap when installed, some fault analysis needed, joy, notttttt

just mummify it in mask tape till you get the h&rs

I'll throw in my 10 cents... I've just gone with 225/35/19's on an 8J rim. Personally i like the slightly stretched 'sloped' look. It all comes down to personal taste and whether or not you need the additional bit of clearance.

I'll throw in my 10 cents... I've just gone with 225/35/19's on an 8J rim. Personally i like the slightly stretched 'sloped' look. It all comes down to personal taste and whether or not you need the additional bit of clearance.

thats what i was saying im sure he has all the information now to decide ....