AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    5th Gear

Status

Anyone else had this problem with their new S3

This was noticed a while ago and I am just getting around to pinning Audi's ass down to get it sorted. Just wondered if anyone else has had anything similar. BTW my local Audi dealers won't do anything as they reckon its a body shop job. What a crock, unless I am mistaken it will come the correct colour already and will be a simple bolt off/on job.

Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Ouch.. that isn't good!
    You're right, I believe they do come in the silver colour, however the surround is part of the same part and that will need painting Sprint Blue.

Mitch78 on vagoc.co.uk just had one fitted to his car so maybe able to help more

1st Gear

Status
    Excuse my ignorance... what are we looking at?

1st Gear

Status
    I'm pretty sure that part comes primed ready for paint.
    There are a few different paint codes for the grey section on lower valances - Never understood why?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoPanda View Post
    Excuse my ignorance... what are we looking at?
    Its the rear scuttle/valance that fits below the rear bumper
    Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

5th Gear

Status
    I swear it looks like there's a slight dent above it, but I'm guessing that's just a reflection as you would have noticed that?

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scott1andrews View Post
    I swear it looks like there's a slight dent above it, but I'm guessing that's just a reflection as you would have noticed that?
    yeah i thought that have you had a bump......

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post
    yeah i thought that have you had a bump......
    No its just the light. The flaking paint was noticed by one of the guys on here when we met up last month. The car is immaculate and never been bumped, just dirty LOL

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiekip View Post
    Ouch.. that isn't good!
    You're right, I believe they do come in the silver colour, however the surround is part of the same part and that will need painting Sprint Blue.

Mitch78 on vagoc.co.uk just had one fitted to his car so maybe able to help more
    Contrary to the older S3, the facelift consists of 2 parts. One is the platinum grey and the other the upper part that needs to be painted.

Tetbury Audi Parts Man

Status
    Part number 8P3 807 434 G 1RR Part already comes platinum grey.
    A3 2.0TDI S-LINE BRILLIANT BLACK (s-line suspension,Audi sound system) coming March (fingers crossed)!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchy2475 View Post
    Part number 8P3 807 434 G 1RR Part already comes platinum grey.
    Hmm, thats a different part No to the one I have

8P3 807 434 J 1RR

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by klik View Post
    Contrary to the older S3, the facelift consists of 2 parts. One is the platinum grey and the other the upper part that needs to be painted.
    That's what I said
    The diffuser insert is already painted platinum, however, it has a surround (you can see where it joins in Macs pic) which will need to be painted.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiekip View Post
    That's what I said
    The diffuser insert is already painted platinum, however, it has a surround (you can see where it joins in Macs pic) which will need to be painted.

Hi Mate, Just spoke to the body shop and they reckon the rear has been changed and it now comes in 2 pieces. Should just be able to order the platinum grey bit and its a simple bolt on/off jobby. Fecking Audi are useless and wanted me to travel an hour to their body shop cause they couldn't be bothered to check if it came painted

4th Gear

Status
    Ahhh, that is good news then fella... keep us posted

Reverse Gear

Status
    The clear coat on my 08 S3 is peeling on ifferent places on the car. I took it to the ocal Audi workshop but the service manager said that he cannot make any ruling on body paints, a consultant from VWSA will have to look at the car and make a decision whether it might be a factory defect and be repaired under warrenty or not.

I am still waitin for their call as they said that the consultant MIGHT be my area by the end of this month, seeing that we have have a lot of public holidays in SA in the month of April, 6 to be exact.

Will keep you posted as to the outcome.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have just found exactly the same problem on my Brilliant Red S3, only registered on the 20th of may and the paints falling off already ! NOT GOOD! The problem looks identical to this one, same size flaking bit of paint in the same place.

6th Gear

Status
    I have a similar issue inside the rear wheel arch but not that noticeable in this loaction, seems to be a problem with the paint bonding to the plastic bodywork.

Not reported mine as yet.

Hope you get yours sorted soon.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."