Best way to connect ipod?

eddie_a3

Reaction score
basically i have the chourus 2 double din hu
whats thebest way?
new hu with ipod connection - most expensive
or is it possible to connect it to current hu?
Cheers

Hi eddie,

Use the search facility. There is an absolute shed load of info on here. There is the Audi iPod adaptor, the Dension 100 and 300 or if you've got RNS-E there's the Alpine 425 which is great but ££££.

The Audi system requires you to set up six playlists on your iPod which are then played as "virtual CD's" - ok but no search facility.....

The Densions give a bit more control via your DIS. The Alpine gives almost a complete iPod interface on the RNS-E screen.

Do some research. I've ony been on here a couple of months and it is a fantastic resource - there's a huge amount of collective knowledge on this site with many people happy to share their experiences.

Welcome and enjoy........ :o.k:

Paul

Cheers for help mate :)
will this work on the chours stereo though? ive heard differernt...
Cheers

I went with the xcarlink option: http://www.xcarlink.co.uk It's similar to the Audi system in that it predominantly uses playlists, though CD1 allows full control of the ipod, unlike the Audi system. It's not a perfect solution, but seemed the best one for me for Functionality Vs Price.

You see the car link option (thread below), will that be able to connect to the existing Ipod factory fitted audi connection in the glove compartment?