how to fit VOTEX SIDE SKIRTS??

khalil

Reaction score
hi all i got my side skirts today and a bargin price, my question is how do you fit them, i know most of is a glue process but when i look at the bottom of it there seems to be 2 sets of holes (4 in total on each skirt)what looks like its for a BRACKET or some sort, can anyone help me on this please,
many thanks

well of what i know, they are just bonded on, some of the spoilers that you can get look like they are meant to be bolted in place but they dont. if you fit them in place with some masking tape, get underneath and have a look at would could possibly be used for the bracket!

where did you get them from and for what price?

theres a guy called boydie on here he should be able to help im sure he will when online he has votex and v6pete does to

First of all there are 2 pieces of trim that need to be taken of each side of the car. Once they are off you need to clean off all the glue it has left behind. 1 screw in front wheel arch needs to be removed first and there are 2 brackets in the kit that are used to bolt them to the floor underneath. Once they are fitted, trial fit the lot before covering the edges in glue and sticking them on finally.

well of what i know, they are just bonded on, some of the spoilers that you can get look like they are meant to be bolted in place but they dont. if you fit them in place with some masking tape, get underneath and have a look at would could possibly be used for the bracket!

where did you get them from and for what price?

got them for ebay for £90

First of all there are 2 pieces of trim that need to be taken of each side of the car. Once they are off you need to clean off all the glue it has left behind. 1 screw in front wheel arch needs to be removed first and there are 2 brackets in the kit that are used to bolt them to the floor underneath. Once they are fitted, trial fit the lot before covering the edges in glue and sticking them on finally.

yes the brackets are missing from them, i did take off the the 2 strips from my car and it all fits perfect apart from the underneath because the brakets are missing, mate is there any chance that you can get the part number for those brackets for me, it would be a great help to me

Hiya, I've been and had a look at my kit and there are no part numbers for the brackets, juts one number for the whole kit. Sorry you will have to ring Audi

Hiya, I've been and had a look at my kit and there are no part numbers for the brackets, juts one number for the whole kit. Sorry you will have to ring Audi

the whole kit? whats in the whole kit mate

Kit is the following

1 x fitting instruction book
2 x skirts
4 x brackets
8 x screws
8 x plastic stickers, these are used for covering the holes that are left when you remove the original side trims. They create a seal so that the water cant get in and rust the holes.

You would only need the brackets to be honest mate, i'd fill the holes with sealer to prevent the rust and the screws dont look like anything special.

thanks very very much mate, looks like a trip down to the dealers and dealing with the stupid parts guy again, this should be fun,

I got the same skirts and i didn't use the clips, didn't need them. Don't think i got them knocking around as i think i threw them in the bin as they fitted pretty **** when i did try to fit them.

I got the same skirts and i didn't use the clips, didn't need them. Don't think i got them knocking around as i think i threw them in the bin as they fitted pretty **** when i did try to fit them.

so did you simply just bonded the the top half, dont you find that that underneath of the skirt is loose??or is it secure?

mehh get some tiger seal or sika flex on them, then they definitely wont come off lol

been up to the dealers today, and as i thought he said you cant order the brackets without the skirts, hmmmmm i think a DIY of making the brackets now, anyone got photos of what the brackets look like?