how long before i can chip ?

montymole

Reaction score
I finally have my new s3.... 12 weeks wait and I am very pleased....

I have planed all along to either Blue Fin or Revo the car, but I am wondering how long I should leave it before re flashing the ecu....

car has done 200 miles so far....do i wait for a 1000 mile's run in period or just not bother....???

Still not sure either which chip to go for....I know most prefer revo....but i like the idea of not having to take the car anywhere with the bluefin....

Unless anyone can recommend somewhere in the Midlands for a revo ??? where you get a good level of knowledge and after sales support ?
:racer:

id run it for as long as possible 3-4k before you remap... otherwise you just won't feel the full effects and appreciate it...

it is a pity the S3 requires the remap, I mean a new car like this should have you satisfied for more than 200 miles before wanting a remap... I managed 3k before I had mine done :yum:

I Bluefinned mine at about 750 miles. The effects were noticeable straight away.

Got mine done at 400 miles, 1 week old.

I continued to run in from then on to the 1,000 mile mark.

Mapped mine after about 10,000 miles and I'm glad I waited - the car was quick enough when I forst had it and didn't fail to make me smile, but after the map it made me feel like I had a new car again... massive smile back on my face.

Have you considered the GIAC map - Statler in Sheffield maybe worth a call?
I've done 18k miles on my map now and i'm really pleased :)

Mapped mine after about 10,000 miles and I'm glad I waited - the car was quick enough when I forst had it and didn't fail to make me smile, but after the map it made me feel like I had a new car again... massive smile back on my face.

thats kind of what I meant by waiting... :blush:

thats kind of what I meant by waiting... :blush:

I know mate, but If I'm honest, had all the maps been available earlier I would have probably done the map on my car sooner.... I wanted to wait till a few had run them for some time before sticking one on my car ;)

Just been back to Statller to have my car GIAC'd, fantastic service as usual, the plan is to do a review after I've tried it out on the track at the weekend.

I did run an S3 previously with GIAC software which is why I was so keen to get mine done asap, just knew what i was missing out on I guess.