MY10

MattW

Finding Reverse
Reaction score
I see a thread in the A4 section detailing changes for MY10 build. Anyone know anything for the A/S3?:confused:

I see a thread in the A4 section detailing changes for MY10 build. Anyone know anything for the A/S3?:confused:

No information yet on the MY10 for the A3, but reading the A4 document it does indicate that the 'stop/start' system will be added to the A3 1.4TFSI in both 3-door and Sportback forms.

No information yet on the MY10 for the A3, but reading the A4 document it does indicate that the 'stop/start' system will be added to the A3 1.4TFSI in both 3-door and Sportback forms.

dunno if NHN will have his current A3 long enough to go down that path :undwech:

dunno if NHN will have his current A3 long enough to go down that path :undwech:

I've emailed my sales contact to see if he could let me have a copy of the MY10 A3 details. Watch this space!!

Here are the details I have obtained from my dealer about the changes for the 2010 Model Year for the A3/A3 Sportback....

New Standard Equipment

Automatic start/stop function for greater fuel and CO2 efficiency. Recuperation for optimal energy utilisation.
Energy saving tips feature in Driver’s Information System; including gearshift indicator - Standard - 1.4 TFSI Manual

Flashing brake light under emergency braking - Standard on All A3 models

Icon on door lock button changes from red to white - Standard on All A3 models

Change to Audi logo design on door sill trims - All A3 Sport models

Gear shift knob changes to A4 (B8) design - All A3 Sport models

Optional equipment - A3 and A3 Sportback

Audi Music Interface(AMI) - All models - £245 - New MY10

High beam assist - All models - £100 - New MY10

Mobile telephone preparation - Bluetooth interface - No cradle facility - All Models - £240 - New MY10

Bucket seats in exclusive leather - S3 models - £3,600 - New MY10

17” 9-spoke design alloy wheel - All models - Discontinued

18” 5-arm design alloy wheel - All models - Discontinued

Front and rear parking system; with visual display in combination with DVD satellite navigation system - All models - price unchanged

DVD satellite navigation system - updated features - higher resolution - 32Gb SD card capacity - All models - price unchanged

iPod connection - All models - £175 - price change

USB connection - All models - £175 - price change

Audi exclusive paint - All models - £1,665 - price change

Audi exclusive wooden gear knob - All models - £235 - price change

New Satnav or new software I wonder? Parking sensors linked to Sat Nav sounds good but suggests whole new Satnav, that sounds like a death knell for any updates for the current RNS-E.

Also...I suppose it will push down the ebay value of current RNS-E units. There are definitely hardware changes involved if the screen is high-def and it can read SDHC cards.

Do I have to wait until 2010 for these options?
I'd love to have the visual parking system - which I'm guessing is a reverse cam.
And also the 32gb RNS would be nice.

How come the bucket seats have jumped from £1600 to £3600? Seems a tad steep!

Do I have to wait until 2010 for these options?
I'd love to have the visual parking system - which I'm guessing is a reverse cam.
And also the 32gb RNS would be nice.

How come the bucket seats have jumped from £1600 to £3600? Seems a tad steep!

No. Basically, according to the document I've seen, any new car ordered after 9 April 2009 will be to the 2010 Model Year spec.

Audi changes production from one model year to the next on 1st June each year and with the normal 8-10 weeks delivery anything ordered now will come through as a 2010 Model Year.

No. Basically, according to the document I've seen, any new car ordered after 9 April 2009 will be to the 2010 Model Year spec.

Audi changes production from one model year to the next on 1st June each year and with the normal 8-10 weeks delivery anything ordered now will come through as a 2010 Model Year.

Ok... so if I were to go into the dealer tomorrow and order a new car, I would get these options? I was going to leave out the RNS-E and eBay / retrofit one - but if I can get a newer model then it might be worth paying the extra for!
I just checked the website, but these new options aren't on it yet.

Actually, when I think about it - it must be the same with VW?
I ordered my GTI Edition 30 in March 07 and got it in June. The folk who ordered it a few weeks later than me had a few insignificant changes - like the econ button changed to A/C and the stereo played MP3s etc.

I still cant see where the extra 2k for the seats is coming from though?!
The bluetooth is a bit cheaper though...

That engine start / stop function on my g/f's 1 series convertible drives me nuts. I end up switching it off.

It's not an extra 2k for buckets, it's £3600 total for buckets with exclusive leather, i.e coloured.

Hope the new sat nav it easy to get hold of soon enough!

It's not an extra 2k for buckets, it's £3600 total for buckets with exclusive leather, i.e coloured.

That's right - The April 2009 Price List still shows normal bucket seats as £1665.00

Thanks for that...
The parking system with visual indicator is in there, but there is no mention of a different RNS. There is nothing about a camera - so I wonder if its just a chart showing how close to each sensor something is?

I noticed that when I looked through the PDF!

Is it really worth changing a RNS-E for the new version if its just a slightly better screen and bigger memory cards?!

Thanks for that...
The parking system with visual indicator is in there, but there is no mention of a different RNS. There is nothing about a camera - so I wonder if its just a chart showing how close to each sensor something is?

Personally I'm quite happy with the present system using beeps.

Personally I'm quite happy with the present system using beeps.

My mums Lexus and my g/f's dads ML63 both have reverse cams and I think they're brilliant! I looked on the VW website at the new Golf GTI mk6 and it has the reverse cam built into the VW badge for an extra £150.

My g/f's bmw's parking sensors are terrible and beep for no reason all the time. At least with the camera you can see what they're beeping at!

My g/f's bmw's parking sensors are terrible and beep for no reason all the time. At least with the camera you can see what they're beeping at!

Well that's BMWs for you. Mine work just as they should do.

There's no way I would pay the price for the RNS system anyway. Personally I find my £99 TomTom does all I ask of it, including working with UK postcodes. But each to his own.

Is it really worth changing a RNS-E for the new version if its just a slightly better screen and bigger memory cards?!

Depends on the price tbh. Although I can quite happily survive with the two 2GB SD card I have now I wouldn't mine being able to use 32GBs! Plus I would hope it's a new interface too. I like the current one but there's room for improvement.

Depends on the price tbh. Although I can quite happily survive with the two 2GB SD card I have now I wouldn't mine being able to use 32GBs! Plus I would hope it's a new interface too. I like the current one but there's room for improvement.

I'm still in 2 minds whether to stick with the standard stereo and get an RNS-E from eBay... or to spec the new one for £1600.
I realise a TomTom is probably better and cheaper, but I like the look of it in the dash and it fits in with the bluetooth kit better. A 32gb one would mean I could get most of my iPod on a tiny card and never have the need for an iPod adapter... and if it were 2 x 32gb then I'd be laughing!!!

Shitballs, I'm due for early May build. And I missed out on the MY05 changes on my MINI by a month or two as well. :wacko:

Audi always change their model year production on 1 June, giving details of the changes late April or early May. They have done this ever since I had my first Audi back in 1985.

Dont worry, Rabbit will soon be selling the upgrade parts for the RNS-E after its out :)

I need to get my hands on the new AMI. Then I can stop using my 80gb ipod as a paper weight!

Here's some more info:

http://www.autospies.com/news/2010-Audi-Model-Change-Points-43140/

A3:
• Simplified two-line offer structure: Premium & Premium Plus
• Standard S line exterior on all models
• Bi-xenon headlamps with LED DRLs included in Premium Plus
• New Navigation system with improved graphics, traffic data, and true AMI capability
• Titanium Package now includes Sport seats, S line leather/alcantara upholstery (like A4/A5), and Sport suspension
• New option: Dark Walnut wood trim
• New option: Aluminum roof rails
• New option: Audi music interface available with Navigation
• Discontinued Audi Magnetic Ride; Discontinued 3.2L engine.

No more Magnetic Ride???

Can someone please tell me more about Audi music interface.

:beerchug:

I see everything, lmao, but maybe mate, but I do like the changes, if it also has the electronic brake then I might stick with 8P now.

Has anyone got the part number for the 6Q6 Aluminium gear knob or is 6Q6 it? is this a new addition, I can't remember seeing it as an option before.

Also I gather the new RNS-E will just be brighter to match the new DIS display, I have a new 09 A4 S-line at the moment whilst mine is having the gear box replaced (audis 3rd time lucky!) and this has the new brighter screen in it. Looks ace!.

I think the premium and premium plus will be the US specs, as they tend to do that over there with then optional packs.

According to my dealer MY10 production for S3 starts in Week 21. That's only two weeks after I was originally scheduled. I'm keen to get the improved Nav features and AMI, so my dealer is looking into the earliest possible MY10 production slot they can get me.

Audi Centre Canberra, top blokes. :icon_thumright:

A further email from my dealer today suggests MY10 production will start week 22.

The copy of the Audi document sent to me by my sales contact also says that production of the 2010 Model Year cars will start in week 22.

so when do you think the updated RNS-E with 32G SD and AMI will be available for retro fitting?

so when do you think the updated RNS-E with 32G SD and AMI will be available for retro fitting?

Email jogorn on eBay,he usually gets the systems just as they are out. Will be expensive however! and based in Germany.

Gear shift knob changes to A4 (B8) design - All A3 Sport models

That's a bit of a shame, I've only just put my order into my firm's leasing scheme and I really like the current gear knob on the MY09 A3 Sport with the aluminium shaft. Anyone know what the MY10 one looks like? Looking in brochures/Audi used car finder, it seems the standard A4 knob looks like the one on the A3 Std or SE model? There isn't an A4 Sport. If it's like the one on the A4 S-Line / A5 Sport though I'll be well pleased, but imagine this is a cost saving thing. :huh:

With a leasing company, whether I even get an MY10 or not may depend if they source my car from stock.