I'm wondering if it is safe an OBD tuning for my DSG gear box

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I'm having an audi A3 2.0tdi bkd engine with 140hp and with dsg transmission. I'm wondering if it's safe, for my gear box, to have a chip for the negine. I looked over the internet and it seems that with the stock turbo a chip could give me 170-175bhp and a torque of 370-380NM. I'm wondering if the dsg can handle this torque, i know that the stock torque of my engine is 320NM and the 170bhp stock engine has a limited torque of 350nm. Is anyone out there who knows what is the maximum torque supported by the dasg gear box? Also i must state that my dsg gear box code is HLE.

Thank you,
ANdi

Thank you very much for the info but is there some one who has actually chipped their 2.0TDI 140hp with dsg transmission because i would like to know what is the maximum torque value that the dsg can sustain without any failure.

I think the 6 speed S-tronic has a factory limit of 350NM.

As i have the S-tronic myself I'm not going to risk it :sadlike:

A quick search for "dsg 350nm limit" on google gets you lots of info.

hmm that's interesting. I was reading about revo's remap of the 1.8tfsi (Med17) engine and they've got it remapped to 373 nm. Are they playing with danger or do the newer engines have a newer 6 speed version s-tronic which can cope with more?
How are and why are they bypassing the DSG limit?

Maybe one of the revo guys can chime in here?

Hello again,

As far as i understood from different articles across the net, the dsg gear box has an internal sensor that calculates the torque from the flywheel by doing so if the 350NM limit is breached the ecu from the gear box commands the central ecu to reduce torque.

If you have any other info please share it here.

I've been looking at getting a Bluefin for my 140 DSG and was wondering about the tollerency of the box too.

Superchips quote an original max torque of 336Nm at 2366RPM for the 140 (pretty close to 350), and a remapped max output of 397Nm at 2185RPM.

However there's no mention of reigning things back a bit on the map for a DSG.

Someone on here must have a Bluefined 140 DSG??? Was your transmission taken into account for your map? How personal a map can you get from Superchips?

As far as I know It doesnt matter how much torque the remap gives it as the DSG only lets so much of it though anyhow.

I wasnt sure on the figs but from response in this thread, I would say 350nm!;)

Would that be the same for an S-Tronic S3 - or will it have an uprated box?

I know the guys with DSG Golf Edition 30's have them over 300bhp without any problems...

Ok, the things become very interesting, i have just contacted today a guy, here in Romnaia, that has plenty of mods on his Skoda Octavia 2 2.0tdi 140 BKd with dsg, the fella actually changed the turbo with a bigger GT22 one and now he has around 250BHP and 550NM. He has done this mode since his car had 10K km and now he has 65K km and the car runs very smoothly with no problem at the gear box.

I would really apreciate if a guy who has a 2.0tdi bkd engine with remap and dsg gear box would post here.

Many thanks,

Andi Bogdan

As far as I know It doesnt matter how much torque the remap gives it as the DSG only lets so much of it though anyhow.

Wow that is quite disappointing - a 14Nm torque increase for 435+ pounds.

Now don't all attack me at once if I'm wrong - but is this (on the right) the realistic result for a DSG?

Torque.jpg

the dsg box is good for a reliable 400lb/ft or slightly more, rather than a particular power.

my 2.0tdi big turbo has about 240hp and 360lb/ft without any trouble at all so dont worry about a simple remap, it wont do any harm at all

mikep: where di you get that remap and also do you have any other mods to your car in order to sustain this power?

Thank you

My 2.0 Tdi 140 DSG has been remapped from 4 months old and 5k miles, it's just passed 50k miles with no problems, it's running a Revo map with 200bhp and 300lb ft.

Mike - Do Revo offer anything yet for the new Common-rail 140.

The remap is Revo (I'm a dealer), there are no other performance mods on the car.

Dave, we're just waiting for the CR flashing to be finished, I'll let you know as soon as I've got the new maps.

Hello guys,

Im new to this, but was hoping you could help as i have read the posts but not really sure of the answer. i too have a 2.0TDI A3 DSG and am thinking of getting it re-mapped. The guys promised me a new horse power of 200 and a new torque of 435 which i thought sounded great. now i am doing my research its clear this is not feasible. all i really care is that i get a faster car and in a safe way as dont want to damage car. am i right that the max torque really should go for is 350? is 200HP realistic or is 185? do you think i will see i big difference in the car? is it worth £250? cheers

Dan

Any tuner worth their salt should be adapting thier remaps to cope with s-tronic box and watching the amount of torque going through. I've a stage 2 ECU remap on a 2.0t s-tronic that is giving at least ~250 bhp and 350 nM of torque and it's fine.

There are a lot of people with remapped 2.0d dsg cars so I really don't think you have anything to worry about along as you use a tuner who is well known.

thanks, will let you know how i get on! aprreciate the feedback

Any tuner worth their salt should be adapting thier remaps to cope with s-tronic box and watching the amount of torque going through. I've a stage 2 ECU remap on a 2.0t s-tronic that is giving at least ~250 bhp and 350 nM of torque and it's fine.

There are a lot of people with remapped 2.0d dsg cars so I really don't think you have anything to worry about along as you use a tuner who is well known.

My current 2.0TDI-170 produces 350Nm of torque in standard form and has a s-tronic gearbox so even Audi must consider it's more than strong enough to cope with this figure.

Thanks guys for you feedback, i've done a remap at my local dimsport dealer, now i have aroud 175bhp and 380NM. I think these figures are fair for this engine. Also i was wondering to have a turbo upgrade, could you please advise me on what turbo charger that is "bolt on" should i choose?