S3 rear Bumper. does it fit?

ddx

Reaction score
hello guys. i'm in need of some info.
i want to modify my A3 8P 2007 S-line. i've already did the S3 facelift, but i want to do the backlift. so, my question is:
does the lower rear valance(which is the only thing different)fit my rear bumper? or i have to buy the back bumper as well ?
http://img23.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image005at.jpg
here you see that my lower rear valance is grey, and the other 2 parts are white. i want to buy just the grey piece from S3, and leave the rest. so... ?
i've searched the forum, but i didn't find nothing for my problem.
thanks !

hello guys. i'm in need of some info.
i want to modify my A3 8P 2007 S-line. i've already did the S3 facelift, but i want to do the backlift. so, my question is:
does the lower rear valance(which is the only thing different)fit my rear bumper? or i have to buy the back bumper as well ?
http://img23.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image005at.jpg
here you see that my lower rear valance is grey, and the other 2 parts are white. i want to buy just the grey piece from S3, and leave the rest. so... ?
i've searched the forum, but i didn't find nothing for my problem.
thanks !

rear valance should be straight swap

so can i get just the rear valance ?
on the other hand.. the color of the valance is the same from the S3 or do i have to paint it that grey?

yeah you will only need the valance, the grey bit comes ready finished in that colour, obviously the rest of it will need painting to match your car. Dont forget to order the towing eye cover aswell.

Welcome & also try to link images properly with the yellow square above your text input box, which pops up a box to input the image link url, so it displays the actual image within your post not a link, alot better & easier for you & us to see/help.

The grey part is not seperate its part of a whole lower piece which has been painted partially white, you can see the line that divides the upper & lower part of the bumper, this whole piece below that line has to be swapped out, given yours is an sline then it should & 99.999% sure its a straight swap, bumper of, unclip & clip new one on, but tbh I'd get new one painted before fitting, it looks & weathers much better.

thank you very much guys.
in conclusion, tell me if i got it:
1.the rear bumper has 2 parts, the big bumper which is full-white, and the skirt which is white and has in it the grey valance. i have to buy just the second one and to paint it the same as the old one and the fitting will be ok, right ?
2.what can you tell me about the s3 side skirts? i already have the s-line skirts, but they aren't very cool compared with the s3. so..? i just want to change the exterior side skirts.
i've read some topics on the side skirt theme but they weren't very easy to understand(i'm not very good with my english).
3. i heard that the valance "eats" my exhaust and i have to make the exhaust a bit bigger. is that true?
4. what does VOTEX mean ? i didnt found anything to help on google.
p.s. thanks again :)
NHN - i will paint it white and let the part grey, you'r right.

Use the search facility before asking questions mate, I've already many times posted info & replied about the S3 skirts, if you dont understand something after reading my posts then I'm happy to help, but what I've done so far has been well explained & how to etc.

I tried a s3 rear bumper on my 2.0TDI and the exhaust didn't exactly line up. there was more space on one side than the other. wasn't exactly in the middle. looked a bit odd. I think you will need to do an exhaust mod of some kind... here's a pic:-

Image014.jpg

evolution give me some info about your modification please.
what piece did you comand , did it fit perfectly, do you have exterior s-line , what year is your car ?
is the gap from the exhaust annoying ?\
p.s. look at my first post. there's a picture with my exhaust. what do you think ?

I ended up just fitting an s line rear bumper in the end as i could be bothered finding an S3 exhaust etc. The s-line one lined up perfectly and i fitted the exhaust trims that you have on your car which means it won't fit your car also. the more furthur i stood back the worse it looked. here's another pic:-

Image013.jpg