New Stereo Fitted!

TripleD

Audi S4 Avant Owner
Reaction score
Just had a new Alpine 103BT fitted today, although most people said it's better to have a seperate parrot, I think it's excellent!

Had a few problems! - When I brought the car it had an aftermarket stereo, BUT had a receipt for professional fitting by a company, I'm guessing Halfords now (so professional is out of the window!) and turns out that they majorly screwed up the wiring!! Now the stereo is fitted properly, although it cost more for the company to sort it out, the radio is still a little dodgy, it's got the proper amp'ed ariel cable, but doesn't pick up many stations!! Put a standard (test) ariel in, and all works fine! They said it can be one of two things the thacker(?) connector on the loom or the cable itself! Not sure if you can buy the ariel cable from Audi as it's all part of the loom! or whether you can buy this connector as all the connector books that the stereo company had don't list it!

They have suggested cutting off the standard connector, and making up a different cable to check. But I don't really know what to do from here! the stereo is awesome, but the radio sucks! :think:

I'm guessing so, it's powered from the signal cable that's feeding the amps, and they work seem to work! bit dark to take pics now, could take a pic of the old stereo wiring if you want a laugh!

Definitely need some pics, im thinkin about goin aftermarket, maybe an ida x200 or alike, dont want it to look tacky..

I'm happy again now, the radio is working perfectly! It was the connector on the audi loom. It was removed and a new non thacker connector was added! When you look closely the original connector was not touching the core.

Top marks to the local audio shop who opened today for a few hours to sort it out!:arco:

Definitely need some pics, im thinkin about goin aftermarket, maybe an ida x200 or alike, dont want it to look tacky..

Think the x200 is last years stock the x301 is the base for this year. Is a nice unit but doesn't play cd's it is just a head unit that you have to add things onto! I like and got the 103 because it plays cd's, USB, 3.5 jack and a Bluetooth parrot kit. Also got the full speed iPod cable which was 25 quid

That why i like the x range, you should see the stacks of cd's in my door cards and glovebox lol, i have a parrot anyway so that would be best for me.

End of the day, you get what suits your needs...

But we stilkl need pics...lol