BLACK ON WHITE

PUREHOMES

Reaction score
Hi from a Newbie!

Ive always had german cars except for a Lexus about 5 years ago, but since then had VW, Merc, Porsche.

Finally got round to ordering an A3 Sportback 1.9tdie Sport in Ibis White, debadged with a few toys etc.

I really dont like the alloys on it, so want to change them from 17 to 18 inch. Preferably black ones.

Ive had a good look on here and found a few different ideas, but is it simply a matter of taking the 17s off and putting 18s on or do I need to alter anything else?

Thinking of getting the windows tinted too.

Possibly get them done at the same place.

Will post some pics when done!

Straight swop but remember to get the correct offset so they look as they should!

Anyone give me an idea of what size tyres and what offset I need then to make them look as they should? Cheers

Why not order the black edition???
Black wheels, window tints and few other extras on there too.

Not the offset you should be worrying about, the diameter of the rim has no bearing on the offset, its the width of the rim which affects the offset.
Its the tyre profile you need to check out, as the larger the rim the lower the profile has to be to maintain the same rolling radius, otherwise your speedo will be inaccurate.

would recommend VMR 708 RS4 8,5x18" (or 19") from VMR in Onyx black! Ordered 18" in Gun metal myself.. Offset: 45

DSC02082.jpg

Thanks for the replies.

Didnt order the black edition as I didnt know about it when I originally ordered otherwise I would have gone for it.

Just hunting for the best place to get the best deals on a set of black 18s now....Thanks for all your suggestions!

I know some people dont like the idea of big wheels, but 19" wheels really fill the archers, but like i said, each to their own.

would recommend VMR 708 RS4 8,5x18" (or 19") from VMR in Onyx black! Ordered 18" in Gun metal myself.. Offset: 45

Hi.. Newbie here.. Ive been trying to source these rims in the UK, but having no luck so far.. Would you or anyone else happen to know where I could find them.. I NEED them for my white a3 :D