lowering springs

thats great thanks, thats not much difference from standard at all is it! thanks for doing that mate!

I've got Eibach Pro's and haven't noticed much difference in ride height over my standard s-line springs. However ride quality has improved massively - the standard s-line springs are way too stiff (IMO) resulting in an overly harsh ride.

Isn't ride height measured from the chassis rather than the bodywork? I don't know quite how that works, but I was always told this by my engineer, i guess it takes account of compression in the springs due to uneven surfaces?

Possibly but I guess gixxer just wants a visual reference.

yeah i would agree with what you are saying about how you would measure, but its definitely true the pro kit are a much better spring compared to the s-lines. reason why i chose them really was because i didn't really want to lower my car too much as i need a certain amount of clearance in london (bad roads as we all know).

My S-Line struggles with my driveway as it is at the moment, but I want to do something to improve the ride a bit

yea i just wanted some figures so i could see how much mine would lower, im sure u are correct about measuring it from the chassis but like said, i just wanted a quick visual reference! i think i might get myself the pro kit as i too, dont want it to be too low, but the prob i have is that i have seen many a3's on either the pro kit or sportline n they always seem to differ. i say a a3 on sportlines the other day n it looked lovely, but some of them look very low! what is the ride like on the sportlines?!

sorry i keep bringing it up again, im being a bit fussy over this lol. would there be much difference between the H&R 35mm drop to the eibach pro. do the H&R smooth out the ride compared to standard. what are peoples thoughts on the KW 40mm drop springs?

hello me again, sorry to keep bringin it up but was looking on dpm n started to lok at the H&R 35mm springs and also the KW 40mm springs, have people got any pics of these?! thanks very much guys!

got a set of 40mm eibachs £25 if anyone is interested £25 postage any where mainland uk checked with local courier :happy:

Hey gixxer, Im in a similar situation. I have a 2.0 TDI Sport and have a set of 18" BBS LM Reps waiting to be put on.

I am gonna be lowering in June/July and am prob gonna go for the Eibach Sportlines (lower ones). Ive come to that from reading older posts and eye balling the pics of others cars. There was a guy who used to be on here called deanphoto who sent me snaps of his car after he put the Sportlines on which look good.
However, If im unhappy with the Eibachs (not low enough or could go lower and still be able to cope with the number of speed humps near me) then will put them up for sale and prob go for the V-Maxx Coils.
It is confusing which are best because there is plently of people backing both, and from reading both are really good springs.

I think you'll have to flip a coin and make a decision because there wont be one definate answer for you (and think ive seen another thread about KW springs). At the end of the day, you wont be able to judge it / know what it looks like till it goes on your own car.

Bhav

yea, i just really wana see loads of a3 with different spring, cos i want a fairly decent ride still so i started looking at the pro's but then i wanted to go lower, so thought about the H&R's 35mm but will 5 mm make a difference, started lookin at the KW 40mm but no-one has fitted them which make me think are they not they good then. H&R 50mm are my next option but i dont want to have rubbing issues all the time!

im really stuck with this one!

Ive heard on the A3 (8P) you can set the steering wheel via vag-com so it become lighter,any one know how to do this?

I fitted 18'' s-line wheels,lowered the car 25mm,fitted new track rod ends it was ok,then i had 4 wheel alignment done and now steering is slightly heavier,tracking was out (obviously after new track ends and lowering) is it quite normal to go heavier,its not very heavy but you can tell,ive checked tyre pressures they ok

Did any of you guys notice bigger wheels (18'') lowered 25mm that steering is heavier than what it was ?

hey guys, sorry if this is a question that's been covered before, but what is the difference in ride hight between standard springs and s-line springs?

I have a stock TDI with 18" S4 rims and it's almost like an A3 Allroad:lmfao:if there was one.

so if I had to go for the H&Rs, what kind of drop could I expect?

(I think this pic makes it look worse than it is...)
n759750011_5784430_3968.jpg

i think it goes like this

se = standard
sport = 10mm lower
s line = 25mm lower
s3 = 35mm lower

what ever springs you fit, the lowering amount is from standard, so some H&R 35mm on a s line will see 10 mm difference

the way your car is sat on the unleveled ground is making it look really high!

Thanks gixxer! that's exactly ehat I was looking for.

yeah, it's not the most flattering pic ride-height wise. might have to photoshop it:haha:

If I can judge correctly from the pic, maybe just a couple of metres :lmfao: J/K.

i think it will give you the same drop as the dropship done in aliens :scared2:

" heh marines its a one way ticket straight to hell yeeeeeeeeee haaaaar ":lmfao:

images

only kidding it does look really high though ......
heres a photoshop of a little drop on it

a3drop.jpg

nicely done, blazin.:thumbsup: does look a *little* better doesn't it.

he he I measured the gap between the arch and the tyre last night: back 80mm, front 90mm :ohmy:

Was looking around yesterday and I couldn't find anywhere here (johannesburg) that stocks H&R. Found a place that does have Eibach though.

Has anyone heard of, or know about, a brand called Jamex? They're significantly cheaper than the Eibach, but I don't really want to fit *cheap* springs...