Eibach Pro's on Standard 17" Sport Alloys

Wai-Fan

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Eibach Pro's with the standard 17" sport alloys?

Also, this has probably been answered like a million times, but how comfortable are the Eibach Pros? I keep reading people saying it's a lot more comfortable than the standard S-Line suspension. But how does it compare to the standard sports suspension?

It's less harsh, the S-Line suspension seems very bouncy which the Eibach's aren't.

Damian @ DPM

Would there be any problems with lowering on the standard 17" sport alloys? Would the car be too low to the ground and catch on speed bumpers easier than 18"?

So would the comfort equal the standard sports suspension?

Do you sell and fit springs or do I have to get them fitted myself? Also is it easy to fit and would I need anything else apart from the springs?

Are there any other brands you can recommend me?

Thanks.

of what i have heard the comfort is much better than the sport springs. the sport is a harsh ride over tiny bumps. the car should be fine and it is just a straight swap, but if you want you can fit the eibach dampers which will possibly increase the ride comfort, your best bet is to speak to damian from dpm personally as he knows his stuff!

I seeeeee. Also another question! If I wanted to change cars, what other cars will the springs be compatible for? Or will it only fit FWD A3 models?

You'll be fine on 17's and the springs are £135.50.

Depending on how many miles your car has done, it may be worth while thinking about changing the dampers and top mounts.

Damian @ DPM

It's just below 68k at the moment, should I get them changed?

I tend to do a lot of errands for my uncle, mainly buying restaurant stuff. So sometimes, I have to carry quite a bit of stuff, Usually the car is lowered by 10 to 20mm because of all the weight, will this be a problem?

And, are the springs transferable to other cars?