Chris NottMonster Motorsport

Thread: 330 mtm clutch

Neutral

Status

330 mtm clutch

when a s3 gets the mtm 330hp upgrade audi approved for the s3 do they change the clutch cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    l never saw MTM upgrade when l bought mine, what years yours?

S3RVA

Status
    have you more info on the audi approval bit?

S3 (8P)

Status
    Be surprised if AUDI support any aftermarket mods but interested to find out.

Although, SAAB support Hirsch, BMW support ALPINA, Vauxhall support 888, FORD support Mountune (Focus RS).....etc

So maybe?

Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

Neutral

Status

mtm

mtm is audi approved it you pay for it at the audi dealer 100%, phone glasgow audi if you have any doubts all the best

2nd Gear

Status
    where does it say that the MTM conversions are audi factory approved? I couldnt see it on the MTM website or the audi factory site?

It might be that some audi dealers say they will honour the warranty still (but I wouldnt actually beleive them, they'll find a way to wriggle out of a big claim) , but thats a totally different proposition than saying that MTM conversions are factory approved.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by julians View Post
    where does it say that the MTM conversions are audi factory approved? I couldnt see it on the MTM website or the audi factory site?

It might be that some audi dealers say they will honour the warranty still (but I wouldnt actually beleive them, they'll find a way to wriggle out of a big claim) , but thats a totally different proposition than saying that MTM conversions are factory approved.
    my pal has a 2007 silver mtm from glasgow audi and it is on the system at audi uk under full warranty , he has had numerous bits under warranty with no probs

Neutral

Status

heres one

as it happens there is one for sale on pistonheads http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/957938.htm mtm done at audi for 2500

2nd Gear

Status
    Looks like a 'dealer fit' modification to me. Good that they are honouring any claims (as they should if they supplied the mods), but that doesnt mean that if you took it to another different dealer they would do the same.

I think that unless you can tick the box on the audi car configurator or its listed in the official audi brochure, from audis point of view its a modification.

There have always been dealers that will mod a car for you and still honour the factory warranty. When I had my elise, the dealer said they would remap it for me and that they would honour the warranty, the problem would arise if I went to a different dealer who didnt recognise the mods as 'official'.

My s3 is on the audi system as under full warranty even though I've had it remapped by REVO, that doesnt mean that audi will just honour any warranty work without question, it just means that Audi (as a group) dont know I've had it remapped.

I'm happy to be proved wrong on this, but at the moment I dont think its a factory approved modification.

According to the MTM website, they do offer a seperate warranty for their work, the english is a bit broken/nonsensical in places, but this kind of implies that they are not audi approved. I've no idea how comprehensive this warranty is though.

http://www.mtm-online.de/en/index.php?nav=7
    Last edited by julians; 10th April 2009 at 14:00.