Remapped S3 losing boost high end

dgannon

Dolphin Grey 2007 S3
Reaction score
Hi guys,

only tried this a few times on Private roads/ disused air fields with permission (thought i'd clear that up haha)...

I'm losing boost at speeds above around 110mph in 5th gear and 130mph in 6th. The car will still pull but not very well and the turbo can be heard constantly coming on and then cutting off all the way up to 170ish (which isn't GPS verified but was showing on the speedo.

Understandable boost does die out higher up in the rev range but i would have thought this would be at more like 6500rpm really??

Just wanted to know if anyone elses map does this? the car has been checked over and plugged into diagnostics and no faults showing up..

Any comments really appreciated, i'm having the map removed tomorrow as what it's doing to the car just doesn't feel right (it's the forth car i've had mapped now)

Regards,

Dave

Vagcom doesent show if the DV is broke.It did not on mine.
Just take the DV of and watch at it

any easy way of being able to tell?

Dave

You need a Torx 25 screwdriver from B&Q - then undo the black DV housing and have a look at the orange coloured diaphragm inside. If its got a hole in it its shagged.

Ok mate thanks, and let say it's shagged, this could cause the boost dying at these speeds?

It does flutter/faintly judder when coming on boost in 2nd and 3rd gear...

Does this further add to the fact it may be the DV?

Thanks,

Dave

Just an update,

I have a split pipe... It runs from the turbo to the engine and sits between the front of the engine and fans - It's a vertical pipe and is plastic. It's being replaced under warranty on Tues so fingers crossed it will fix the issue!!

Dave

i had the same problem a split pipe and breather valve fault it was fine after that ... hope fully yours will be pal

Yeh will do guys, i'll ask them to check the DV as a matter of course too.

Have a good Easter..

Dave

Just an update,

I had the pipe replaced and it didn't change anything...

Hopefully am getting it booked in to go on the rollers at a different place but through the guys who mapped the car. I'd hope the issue will apparent if they do some live testing..

Dave

WHat map ahve you got out of interest?
Did the dealers check the DV while they had it?

it's RSD, yeh they did any said it was fine... will take a look myself when i get the chance just to make sure though.

Dave