Best way to finance a new S3

ferris

Reaction score
Sorry if there is a thread for this elsewhere.

Have been offered a couple of deals on a new S3, pp £26k.

One is a PCP deal through Audi themeselves with a 2k deposit, 36 months at £450 and final payment of £12.5k. 9.6% APR

Other one is a lease purchase through alease company. £2k deposit, 36 months at £350, baloon of £15,355. 6.8% APR

Which is the better option? For some reason they both work out similar overall (bit cheaper on the lease but more of a gamble).

How do these figures sound, can anyone suggest other places to try?

The APR figures look like the going rate, I usually go for PCP as I can just walk away at the end (even though you can with a LP as well, kind-of)

30700 and 450/ mnth
or
29955 and 350/mnth

I always like a lower monthly payment, so I would put up more in the 1st place and take the PCP

what can you afford.? i guess 100/ month difference will help cover running costs

Monthly payment the lower the better i suppose in the current climate but the balloon of £15,355 worries me a little with the lease purchase.

Can't get my head round the minimal difference even though the lease purchase is nearly 3% APR lower?

What's there to be worried about.. If you don't want to make the final payment hand the car back.

If you can afford to part with £450 per month I would go with the lease of £350 per month.... then set up a standing order for the £100 difference from your account into a savings account.
At the end of the 36 months you would've saved £3,600 (plus the little interest you get now days).
If you then decide you want to keep the car, pay the lease company their £15,355... bearing in mind you will have £3,600 saved up... giving you a net payment of £11,755 to come up with.... instead of the PCP's £12,500.

£745 saved!!! :arco:

Good idea actually and a bit thick of me not to think this one through properly! Cheers for helping me see the light!:salute:

Good idea actually and a bit thick of me not to think this one through properly! Cheers for helping me see the light!:salute:

Don't mention it!

I'll forward you my consultancy invoice in due course ;)

If I could of got a deal like that when I was looking to buy I'd of got an S3! :(

Where is that deal at?

must admit the cost to finance a car has gone up so much just recently - about 6 months ago i was getting toying with lease prices for a 2 year deal on an S3 with options - i managed a quote of £415 p/m for 2 years (3+23) with about £3k of options included.

I look at the lease prices now and they are around the £450 mark for a standard S3!!!