A3 Quattro lowering springs

piers90

Reaction score
this is my first thread to date on any forum tbh, but need some help/advice. I know there have been many many threads on springs for A3's and i have read alot of them trying to find out what i need to purchase.
basically im only a student so can only afford to get the springs only. i have a 2007 A3 2.0tdi Quattro and i wanted to get the Eibach Sportline springs as they lower front/rear 50/40mm which sounded perfect and from seeing some members pics on here it looked really nice. the only problem was that they dont make these springs for a quattro!! :mad:
I was then recommended to get the KW or H&R springs as would lower it 20mm (from sline) allround and would improve ride from the standard S-line springs.
Does any one know of any other springs that would lower it like the Eibach Sportlines? in terms of like a drop of 40/50mm? and improved ride qual? and fit onto a Quattro?
any pictures would be helpful too.
cheers

Hello mate... And welcome.
You might have seen my current thread discussing fitting springs. One question.... Is your car an S-Line, Sport or standard? I don't think you mention which you have in your thread.
To be honest, it's a nice car you have and i'd be very wary of putting on the cheapest springs possible just to lower it. I think Eibach are a good standard of spring but as you say, they don't make Sportline's for the quattro, only pro-line which will give an S-Line a 10mm drop.

I'm currently looking into H&R. They're a fair chuck more expensive but it seems silly to push the boat out and pay over the odds for an Audi then start skimping on things as important as springs. If i were you i'd save for a bit longer and get some H&R's... Just my opinion!

Paul.

sorry, i have a 2.0tdi s-line quattro..
yea i will prob save up like the 100 quid extra n go for the H&R's... have u seen the H&R's on an A3 yet? i want to get new springs cos the s-line suspension is so harsh n bouncy really and i want to fill a bit of the gap between wheels n arches.
i know it will be around an extra 15/20mm lower? how noticeable will that be? and will the ride qual def be improved?
also will the car be equal height all round with the H&R springs? cos at the moment it is higher at the front and lower on the back.:wacko:

Piers

im getting h&rs fitted on the 20th at dpm and im sure there 35 mm drop from sline 25mm from s3 230 quid for the springs and 150 to fit i cant wait, will make my car look much better mines a qauttro and the h&r kit i wreckon is the best for yours to

really? i called DPM this mornin n spoke to damian regarding the matter.. very helpful man, and think he said H&Rs will drop it another 15/20mm ontop of the s-line? do you think it will fill much of the gap between the wheels n arch? and will it level my car out more? as front is higher than back at the moment!

Like your car mate. do u have 19's on it? do they rub on the arch at all? cos i got 18's but wider offset and the rear rubs when got 2 people in the back and go over bumps.

Piers

If your paying £230 just for springs why not save £430 and buy a set of AP coilovers from AwesomeGTI . I bought them end of last year for £325 posted but they are a very good kit and height adjustable to suit the height you want.

you better not lower yours if its rubbing now you better get some wheels first,,, im on 19inch with 225/35/19 tires there thinner so hopefully wont have any rubbing ...ive seen one s3 with these h&r springs heres a pic its pretty low well enough for me anyhow... and yeah i was looking in2 ap coils but were told there no good,,,, and awesome said like 650 fitted i just didnt have that cash so ive gone for these springs in stead if my car looks like this s3 then im happy.... would of like coils though but :sob:for now

PICT2891-1.jpg

PICT2893.jpg

really? i called DPM this mornin n spoke to damian regarding the matter.. very helpful man, and think he said H&Rs will drop it another 15/20mm ontop of the s-line? do you think it will fill much of the gap between the wheels n arch? and will it level my car out more? as front is higher than back at the moment!

Like your car mate. do u have 19's on it? do they rub on the arch at all? cos i got 18's but wider offset and the rear rubs when got 2 people in the back and go over bumps.

Piers

oh rite, cheers mate.. will have to look into changing rims.. they were next on the list anyway! lol..wot offset and width r ur rims? cos im gon get 19" too..

Piers

also, my car is an 07 plate so still under warrenty.. is this the best idea to go ahead with? like wot warrenty will i void by changing the springs? or shall i just for it cos really want to do it now! :yes:

the tyres are 225/35/19 wich i ask they for or they would of give me 235 wich may rub but the alloys i dont even know i just got them at wheelbase im hoping there right lol i think there 112/8.5 wide/and the offset i think are 42 or 44 not sure though

oh rite, cheers mate.. will have to look into changing rims.. they were next on the list anyway! lol..wot offset and width r ur rims? cos im gon get 19" too..

Piers

The Black CH`s are 8x19 ET50mm fitted to Saf`s orange S3.
The CK is available for the 8p A3/S3 in a 8x19 ET44 (6mm more outboard).

Please ring for details
Philip

Hi Damien, do you have the H&R part number for these springs? Cant seem to find them on their website, thanks

Andy