add auto lights

tdisportuk

Reaction score
how hard isit to add 'automatic' lights and whats involved..?

thanks

VERY hard!
I asked the same thing last week... It involves replacing the windscreen as the sensor is behind the rear view mirror. I think this is definately a factory only choice!

oh ****** hell, got a few chips in my windscreen..hmmm!

There is a guy on here called Marc Quinlivan who devised a method involving a little bit of wiring and some Vag coding.

I got a technician to give it a bach but it failed.

Check out this guys website and you'll see his step-by-step, but as I say it didn't work on my 07 A3.....

Does that included Auto Wipers ? :think:

I have auto wipers on my my Golf and find them a total pain in the ***!
They either go on too much or too little! I'd like to have auto lights, but I'm not paying like £300 from the factory options just for that.
My dimming mirror never worked either as I have tinted rear windows. Standard on the Golf... I don't know why Audi charge extra for it?

Seriously though, doesn't anyone think that auto lights and wipers is a bit of technology too far? Got raindrops on your screen? s-t-r-e-e-e-e-e-t-c-h your index finger as far as the wiper stalk, give it a little push in the right direction (not too strenuous i promise) and hey presto, screen wiped. To turn the lights on and off you have to take your hand off the wheel for a sec but don't worry, you probably won't crash, despite what nanny government is trying to drum into us :laugh:

Auto lights are great, I had them on my 330d. You just simply leave them in auto all the time. You don't even need to think about it. Sometimes they tend to come on a little earlier than you'd decide yourself but with all the craze with day lights this isn't a problem. I think they should be standard on all cars.

Auto wipers are not so good, like someone mentioned, they never go at the right speed. You always need to keep adjusting them. The only time they help is with spray when passing lorries.